Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you working on this week? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-week-t191854.html)

Earleen 06-15-2012 05:52 PM

Working on Humming Bird petal play. Just have to attach flowers bead centers then sandwich and you know the rest of the story.

momto5 06-15-2012 05:58 PM

Making a tennis bag for my DD; doing a simple DNP to get rid of some scraps that hid and have bred; thinking on three other projects for GK's and trying to get ready for my fall craft show. Am I glad I am retired!

COYOTEMAGIC 06-15-2012 06:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heart Strings quilt for my parents 60th Anniversary. It will be a Queen when done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342346[/ATTACH]

And the center of quilt for my neice. She likes Irises and Purple

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342347[/ATTACH]

snipforfun 06-15-2012 07:01 PM

Just finished Heartstrings and Houndstooth now finishing Swoon

irishrose 06-15-2012 07:05 PM

Putting the two color binding on a b day quilt for my daughter. My quilting machine has an electrical problem, so I'm using a back up. I don't have a short shank SITD foot - just slant needle so I will have to be very careful.

beatys9 06-15-2012 08:05 PM

My sister's beautiful little girl turns 1 year old next week so I spent the week sewing little girl outfits for her birthday. Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to get them in the mail this morning that I forgot to take pictures...oops. Now back to the Hunter's Star I've been working on since seeing Roolen's quilt & tutorial. On the bus ride to work this morning I had time to tear out the blocks I put together backwards... :( Now I shall reassemble them correctly :)

Favorite Fabrics 06-15-2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5291396)
In my neck of the woods it is going to be HOT , and more HOT. So yes this time of year I love that my sewing room is in the basement where it is so cool. I will be working on various projects.. mostly building my inventory for a craft show.
What are you working on?

Since you asked... one graduation party (for a co-worker's son). I did cut squares for one charity quilt. Other than that... endless weeding. We had four days of rain and it did wonders for all the weed seedlings. :-( Not to mention the slugs and snails.

Gee... d'ya suppose 20 snails per square foot is excessive?

GrannieAnnie 06-15-2012 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics (Post 5291382)
Are you starting a new project, or finishing up old ones?

Or maybe attending graduation parties, and not sewing at all?

got to do some sewing for my 10 month old granddaughter and some for my almost great granddaughter, too.

Then//???????????? Oh, a couple summer dresses for me. After that I think a personal sized quilt for the GD of a friend. Kiddo has had more medical problems in her 18 years than I'll ever have.

GrannieAnnie 06-15-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 5291943)
Heart Strings quilt for my parents 60th Anniversary. It will be a Queen when done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342346[/ATTACH]

And the center of quilt for my neice. She likes Irises and Purple

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342347[/ATTACH]

I thought wall hanging when i saw the vase of iris.

Gramie bj 06-15-2012 08:53 PM

I am trying to finish a quilt for my nephew, (Lately known as the quilt from Hell LOL) it is a Navaho Rose I was worried about the points, not a problem, the blocks whent together very easy but things have gone down hill from there I think I have done more ripping than sewing! LOL finally got it on my LA yesterday and of course after working for 45 min everything started falling apart again, tensin great but thread kept breaking spent 2 hours changing needle, cleaning rethreading, you name it I tryed it finally gave up and shut the door on it. went back today and everything worked great ( have no Idea why, or what changed overnight) worked about 40 min, ran out if bobbin thread, and discovered the tension was off! LOL so now have to rip out the last 35 min of work!! Did I mention this is black thread on a black background? So will try again tomarrow Some day this quilt will be done and I can take a deep breath and enjoy sewing again!!LOL I hope!