Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your "must-have" in a sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-%22must-have%22-sewing-room-t41025.html)

sewnsewer2 03-28-2010 06:36 PM

Congrats!!
I would say a place for my ironing board so I don't have to keep moving it.

Good lighting and a comfortable chair and large table.

Oh, and my most used item is a razor blade to rip out stitches! :lol: :lol:

Chasing Hawk 03-28-2010 06:47 PM

A huge container of red licorice, my Ipod and Bose stereo and plenty of light. Oh and earplugs for the cat, I tend to raise the volume when I sew. :)

Katia 03-28-2010 06:53 PM

I have pretty much everything I need in my sewing room, for sewing in general. But lately I have been sewing a lot. I have lots of drawers for things, and thought I was so organized. However, after every product I had such a mess to clean up. My table was littered with marking pens and scissors and snippers, and all the other stuff.

Well, I have a cute fabric basket my daughter gave me years ago that I was using for stamps and notepads and such. It has a central place and lots of pockets. I decided it would work better to keep all the often used tools in one place. I am still teaching myself how to put things back in it and that is a challenge, but it is working very well. It takes just a few minutes to straighten up my spot instead of much longer. And it is actually making my work go faster since I am not constantly searching for what I need.

kasmitty1 03-28-2010 07:05 PM

a large cutting area, a good quality iron, and a pomeranian to sleep at your feet.

LucyInTheSky 03-28-2010 07:07 PM

TV and/or iPod with speakers. It's really difficult for me to quilt in silence... I start talking to the fabric

2 Doods 03-28-2010 07:11 PM

Besides what everyone else is saying.....chocolate :lol:
I wish I had a design wall. I don't have space :cry:
Enjoy your space :thumbup:

craftybear 03-28-2010 07:52 PM

A nice comfortable chair that raises up and down! I have a computer chair and has the air seat lumbar. I bought it at an office supply store, love it!

SuSu 03-28-2010 08:28 PM

KATIA -- I have a folding buffet caddy made from an Hawaiian print that I use for classes that i will now put on the table. It holds my snips, cutters, markers and cell phone. I should use it all the time and not just for classes. Thanks for reminding me to get it out!

And instead of a Pom, I have two cats. Missy likes to sit on the top of my machine!

quiltingnonie 03-28-2010 08:36 PM

Besides all the furniture, cabinets, tools and equipment, make your sewing room YOURS, and yours alone! In my room, I have favorite family/friends pix everywhere, dried flowers and mementos from my past.....treasures that sat in trunks or boxes for years that mean little to others, but the world to me. :) And just for fun: hanging on the doorknob is a handmade wooden sign "No Boys Allowed" !

raptureready 03-29-2010 05:35 AM

First of all, CONGRATS!!! A really good ergo chair, sharp scissors and cutters, peace, and few if any interruptions. Oh and my computer and printer.