Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your 'All Time Favorite Fabrics'? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-all-time-favorite-fabrics-t217403.html)

jcrow 03-26-2013 08:25 AM

What is your 'All Time Favorite Fabrics'?

Mine are Chicopee and Boho by Westminster Fabrics. I was introduced to Boho by doing Craftsy's BOM 2012. I used the same fabric Amy Gibson, the teacher, was using, and love the quilt I made. I bought a second FQ bundle and some extra yardage to make another quilt just because i love the fabric so much.

I saw the Chicopee in a quilt and had to have it. I bought a FQ bundle and lots of yardage of different fabrics. Then I bought a jelly roll of it and two charm packs. I don't know what I'll make with it because I don't want to cut into it as I love it too much right now.

What are your fabric fabric lines?

auntpiggylpn 03-26-2013 08:41 AM

Hi Jeanne! My favorite fabrics (right now anyway:p) are the Ruby collection by Moda and the Grunge line by Moda. I have a pretty good size collection of the Ruby fabrics and just used 4 of the charm packs for the Periwinkle quilt I am working on. I'm just starting to collect the Grunge fabrics; I used one as a quilt backing at Christmas time and that is when I decided I need to get some more!

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-26-2013 08:44 AM

I love any 20's and 30's reproductions. The Aunt Grace line is wonderful.

crafty pat 03-26-2013 08:51 AM

That is hard to answer for someone who never met a fabric line that did not have something I did not like. I buy more Robert Kaufman, Hoffman and Timeless Treasure than anything else.

SherriB 03-26-2013 09:02 AM

My favorite fabrics are also 1930's reproductions. Darlene Zimmerman is my favorite 1930's line designer.

jodimarie 03-26-2013 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat (Post 5955728)
That is hard to answer for someone who never met a fabric line that did not have something I did not like. I buy more Robert Kaufman, Hoffman and Timeless Treasure than anything else.

******************* these are my all time favorite lines too. Especially their Egyptian themed fabrics!!! Any chance you would have any in your stash that you would be willing to trade for??????

yweinst 03-26-2013 09:30 AM

Right now I fell in love with Peggy Toole's lines for Robert Kaufman. I just bought a bunch of her florentine collection for a quilt I will be making shortly. Absolutely gorgeous.

Tashana 03-26-2013 09:48 AM

Kona solids, cotton broadcloth solids for those thin summer quilts, and any black and white and wild color print to go with my solids. They are always available and never go out of style.

Aria 03-26-2013 02:37 PM

I love batiks. No particular line.... just lots of color!

Lori S 03-26-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by yweinst (Post 5955805)
Right now I fell in love with Peggy Toole's lines for Robert Kaufman. I just bought a bunch of her florentine collection for a quilt I will be making shortly. Absolutely gorgeous.

I too love every fabric Peggy Toole has designed for Kaufman , she is soo talented. Every season I can't wait to see what she has done.