Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was your best purchase at a show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-best-purchase-show-t202673.html)

Dolphyngyrl 10-08-2012 04:14 PM

My dreamweaver at the LA County fair a month ago,most shows I only buy fabric, nd patterns, usually nothing big.

AliKat 10-08-2012 05:53 PM

My Alto's Quilt Cut 2. I wouldn't be quilting as easily without it as it is the cutting that gets to me. My hands will only do so much. I did get a good price for it.

Also I bought my Martelli cutting mat. That thing has outlasted many other mats. It also seems to save blades.

One of my friends was able to buy a very high end machine at the large quilt vendor show here in our Valley at a good discount because it was used at the show.

ali

suebee 10-08-2012 06:11 PM

Best thing I can think of is just the fun of going and meeting new people.

Patti25314 10-08-2012 06:16 PM

I've only been to one, but I found a massaging pillow that is great!

jeank 10-08-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Diannia (Post 5571497)
I forget what it's called but it a seam ripper that looks like a miniature hair clipper. I love that thing!

Diannia

I just got one of these, then had an opportunity to use it and it was wonderful. I just purchased two Loc-bloc templates, half square triangles and flying geese. I have used both and glad I got them. makes geese fast to make.

QuiltnLady1 10-08-2012 06:45 PM

My Janome 6500 and got the Jem Gold free (great price on the 6500, too). DH now has the 6500 and I donated the Gold to a great program that teaches kids to sew -- it went to a graduate who had no machine.

Quiltaddiction 10-08-2012 06:54 PM

My best purchase so far my 4in sq ruler and rotating mat.

sewplease 10-08-2012 07:07 PM

My Koala cutting table with full size mat and a huge bonus box of Madeira thread. Bought it years ago at the International Quilt Festival on the last day at 4:55. I had kept the Koala booth "under surveillance " that week, lol. I don't know if they still make this model or not, but it was the bigger cutting/craft table which retailed at the time for about $1100 and is the same finish as my quilting table. The salesman accepted my offer of $300 and wheeled it to the front door for me while I ran and got my van. I remember being so pumped driving down the freeway but was a bit worried that we had enough money in the checking account. The check did not bounce and I LOVE that table. :-)

mary quilting 10-08-2012 07:26 PM

is it quicker ripper I love mine best seam ripper ever got mine on etsy

Originally Posted by Diannia (Post 5571497)
I forget what it's called but it a seam ripper that looks like a miniature hair clipper. I love that thing!

Diannia

quiltingcandy 10-08-2012 07:38 PM

What a fun question! I started thinking about the items I bought over the years - mostly it is fabric because you see things that are not in the stores. But at the San Diego Show I found this wonderful spinning thread holder. It really is a piece of art - it holds 7 different colors which is great getting my embroidery picture organized. It looks a lot like a miniature of the item kids spin on - but it is tiny of course and he burns then paints an item on the bottom of the block of wood it sits on. I fell in love with it one day and went back to spend money on the second day. (If I con't stop thinking about an items, I figure I really will use it.) I bought my Accu-Quilt cutter at the Road to California show last January. Haven't really used it yet because I want to finish a few of my UFO's and put my fabric on comic books supports before doing more.