Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was your best purchase at a show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-best-purchase-show-t202673.html)

Pete 10-09-2012 06:17 AM

My Bernina 640E --- I bought it as a demo....half price. Next is my Tutto rolling cart for the machine and embroidery attachment - also at half price at 4:40 PM on an Sun. Will try for serger bag this time.
I always ask the vendors on Sun afternoon for a discount or for demo's as they are reluctant to pack up...that is unless they are going on to another show.

pollyjvan9 10-09-2012 06:17 AM

I purchased a needle threader made by the KAWAGUCHI COM. It has a hole for large needles and one for very thin needles, like for beading. My eyesight is go bad that it took me forever to thread a needle in the evening by lamp light. But this works great! Now I can do handsewing at night. Just love it and not very expensive. I think $10

carolynjo 10-09-2012 06:28 AM

I agree that my rotary cutter and mat are my favorite purchases.

feffertim 10-09-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Diannia (Post 5571497)
I forget what it's called but it a seam ripper that looks like a miniature hair clipper. I love that thing! I bought this too. Very useful. Use it all the time unfortunately LOL

Diannia

I bought that too, it is very useful. I use it all the time unfortunately.LOL

Caswews 10-09-2012 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 5571390)
Two years ago my Pfaff Ambition sewing machine. Love it to death!

Just got my Ambition 1.5 a couple of weeks ago and agree.. Just in the learning curve for now, but it sews so sweet !

Mkotch 10-09-2012 07:50 AM

My "Curve Master" foot
"Gradations" batiks - wonderful for sashing samplers of various colors
A bundle of 1/2 yd. cuts of shirting fabrics
And most of all, "Dear Jane," the book which got me started on many years of enjoyable sewing

gollytwo 10-09-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5571613)
Waaaaayy back when i think about 25 yrs ago my rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
most recently my brooklyn revolver ( a mat on a lazy susan).

Hi Lynnie - I loved my Brooklyn Revolver, but it's gotten way too expensive to replace, even for me with a wholesale account. When it wears out there's a Fiskar rotating square at Joanns - about $14 without using a coupon and it can cut a 6" square which can't be done on the BR

My favorite show purchase was the Martelli cutter and their blades. Took me forever to begin using it, but now I use it all the time. Much easier on my wrist and cuts well when I'm sitting down. The blade is sharper and longer lasting than any other I've used, including Gingher's.

needles3thread 10-09-2012 08:01 AM

curve master foot

I also bought a curve master foot at a show, but never haven't been able to get it to work.
Wish I could because I love curved seams.

If anyone knows a tutoral that will help me learn to use this foot or has any tips for me, I would
greatly appreciate it. I did watch a live demonstration at the show.

donnajean 10-09-2012 08:03 AM

My best purchae was my "Big Board" to go on my ironing board which I got at the Valley Forge, PA quilt show back in the late 1990's.

QandE2010 10-09-2012 08:41 AM

My first Pfaff. (7570)