Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your favorite quilting gadget or notions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-quilting-gadget-notions-t64766.html)

mollymct 09-16-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by quilter64779
I like my magnet want dont have to stoop over. I also use tic tac boxes to hold a bobbin of thread when I am binding a quilt so I don't loose it. Also store needles in them and put the size on top don't have to look far.

Great idea...I need a system to keep track of needles better!

Homespun 09-16-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Let's see, I love my rotary cutting board that goes in circles, and I love my light that is attached to the side of my machine so I can see better, and I love my glue sticks for getting the seams to line up perfectly, a trick I learned in a class. This is great. I know I have more favrotites but these are first. ANd I love the Sewing machine lifter my DH made me. Makes it so much better n my back not to have to lean up so far. Thank you.

what do you mean--glue sticks for getting the sems to line up perfectly??

Homespun 09-16-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Homespun

Let's see, I love my rotary cutting board that goes in circles, and I love my light that is attached to the side of my machine so I can see better, and I love my glue sticks for getting the seams to line up perfectly, a trick I learned in a class. This is great. I know I have more favrotites but these are first. ANd I love the Sewing machine lifter my DH made me. Makes it so much better n my back not to have to lean up so far. Thank you.

what do you mean--glue sticks for getting the sems to line up perfectly??

Forget it; I kept reading and see what you mean now!!!

foxxigrani 09-16-2010 06:11 AM

I was going to mention the june taylor shape cutter, but someone already did. I have trouble cutting my strips, this has helped me and is so fast. I love the darn thing.

Rita

laughingquilter 09-16-2010 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have all the gadgets and notions. If it's new and different I'll try it out.
My favorite tools now are
1. Go die cut machine
2. Simplicity Bias Tape Machine
3. EQ7 and Foundation Factory
4. Inklingo

I really don't get out much!!! Can you tell me what #4 is? I even looked online and I just don't "get it" - how do you use them? Thanks. :?

conniebrooks 09-16-2010 06:49 AM

I also never heard of forked pins. Let us know.

patdesign 09-16-2010 06:50 AM

I wonder if the Ghinger (sp) rotary cutter stays sharper longer, I know the scissors do. Just a thought.

Have one, mine didn't stay any sharper than the Olfa or Fiskars' and the blades are very expensive over 10$ each at JoAnns

gangles 09-16-2010 06:52 AM

I use glue sticks to hold my binding and can sew both sides with one stitching. I've only done this on lap quilts sew far!

patdesign 09-16-2010 06:52 AM

Definitely my walking foot!

patdesign 09-16-2010 06:55 AM

I also make my own stilleto's by using a skewer and adding nice beads I buy. These make wonderful gifts for fellow quilters at meetings, bees, etc. I will post pictures of some tomorrow/today.

A small size knitting needle makes a great stilleto!