Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was your first gift of the season? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-first-gift-season-t173108.html)

JENNR8R 12-26-2011 07:58 AM

I don't exchange presents at Christmas, but because my eating has been totally out of control this month, I started a Daniel Fast on Christmas Eve. I lost a pound on Christmas morning! What a great gift! :) Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels!

BarbaraSue 12-26-2011 08:09 AM

I got the Quiltopoly game! I also have a new belt for my Wards Sewing Mcahine, new spool spring for my Singer, and the abrasion cording to take burrs off the needles holes.

newbiequilter 12-26-2011 08:15 AM

A Kindle from my kiddies!

Caswews 12-26-2011 10:40 AM

My first gift was from my dog; she brought me a JBRobinson bag (jewelry) and it had an opal necklace in it. My next was in another bag she brought me: it was a pair of diamond earrings in a bag from Zales, then DH gave me a gun, some slippers, perfume. It was so cute with her having the bags in her mouth and bringing them over without dropping them. DH said he worked with her and patience won out !! Brie just wagged her tail while bringing me the gifts, and she was well rewarded with hugs and kisses! Ahh what a blessed Christmas it was with family and friends around to celebrate all the best things in life:love, happiness, family and friends !!

BellaBoo 12-26-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra (Post 4810714)
what a bunch of lucky ladies bunnie got me nothing and did not bother to wish me a merry christmas oh well

Buy your own presents. I had a lot under the tree from me to me! LOL. DH is always surprised to see what he bought me.

NannaL 12-26-2011 02:13 PM

My first gift was a small resin statue of a Mercat from my husband I always knew he cared. He gave himself some new electrical gismo.
Its the thought that counts ????

Best Wishes to all for 2012

irishrose 12-26-2011 02:53 PM

My son and DIL carried in a 1918 Singer Redeye on Christmas Eve. That's a tough act to follow, but his four sisters did just fine. My dogs bought me a massage gift certicate - I think my oldest DD may have helped. I may not have a DH anymore, but I do have wonderful children.

Krystyna 12-27-2011 05:04 AM

My first gift of the season was learning that my son got engaged! Doesn't get much better than that ~ except for grandbabies, but all in due time.

gramarraine 12-27-2011 06:44 AM

I received a subscription to Love of Quilting. I was excited because I received my last mag from my subscription and I hadn't renewed, also received a visa money card. I like the idea of putting it toward a retreat and was suggested by someone else. Sometimes the retreats get pretty expensive so having a little saved on the card will help out.

KathyPhillips 12-27-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Good Morning and Merry Christmas! What a great surprise I got from my sister! Fifteen fat quarters. My sister has a unique talent for picking out the best, most interesting and fun fat quarters. What a way to start off the new year also!!!!!!!! I have a week to look at, feel, decide what I will do with these fat quarters. And the day hasn't even started yet. I am heading to Caribou's to meet her for coffee. She is putting some Bailey's Irish Cream in her pocket and we are going to talk, reminisce and just enjoy ourselves before the day starts. Hope your day is as wonderful as mine is going to be! Edie

Glad you two are enjoying your time together. I really miss my Dear Sister who passed away 3 yrs. ago. She, our niece who is more like a sister, and I sewed and quilted together every Wed. My niece moved out of state, from TX to WV now in RI, so I haven't found new quilting buddies as I moved to Galveston, TX. I really miss my DS and my DN!