Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are your goals for the week/month? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-goals-week-month-t266767.html)

oklahomamom2 06-23-2015 11:59 AM

What are your goals for the week/month?

I have decided to set myself my goals lately so I can get more done. I'm not really the kind of person that gets things done on time but if I set a weekly or monthly goal I get it done better. Like for this month I finished one donation quilt and on my way to finishing another one. By the weekend I am going to bast another quilt while finishing hand quilting my aunts quilt.

My question is "Do you set yourself a weekly or monthly goal?"
"Did you finish any UFO's"
"If you have a goal is there any kind of order you go in?"

donnajean 06-23-2015 12:01 PM

Being retired, I'm just happy if I accomplish "something" each day. Not too many deadlines to meet.

cannyquilter 06-23-2015 12:10 PM

I do try to set myself monthly goals which I break down into weekly targets. This does help me to achieve things although I rarely meet the targets. They are more like nudges to keep me going and gets things done. This week my targets are to finish 8 placemats gift for my DDIL. I have struggled with these as they made with coated fabric very difficult to sew. Whenever I encounter problems I tend to leave it and close the sewing room door! Made myself go in tonight and finish them then wrapped them and took round to my DDIL, she lives in next street. She liked them so,that was ok. Also want to at least start quilting a mystery train ride quilt and also do some knitting. I write it all down and it's great to cross things off even if they are not done within the time scale.

Buckeye Rose 06-23-2015 12:10 PM

Having finished 3 projects in the past couple weeks, I feel pretty good about myself. OK, pat on the back and back to work! I still have several quilts to finish, camper cushions to get done and a couple bags to make.....soooo....finishing the piecing on a scrappy quilt is the first on my agenda.

helou 06-23-2015 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean (Post 7236195)
Being retired, I'm just happy if I accomplish "something" each day. Not too many deadlines to meet.

Same here (almost) I like to quilt among everything else and I like to do one quilt at a time from start to finish. I have a long list of things I want to do and I do them when it pleases me. No deadline anymore. I had enough of that in my profesionnal career. One thing leads to another one and I like to keep busy, so it works well for me.

huskyquilter 06-23-2015 12:50 PM

I usually don't finish something unless I have some kind of deadline. Im too easily interested in new projects. I finished two this month, both started on a whim, both for others, and both with a hard deadline. One was for a birthday that I started about 30 days before the date. The other was for a friend diagnosed with cancer and on a deadline of "asap." I had been working on one for my husband and i, and was about halfway done with with the blocks. It was set aside, but I'm looking forward to picking it back up again. I had also been working on a baby quilt for my nephew due in early august. I just about finished the top last night, but still have some work on that one. I'm going to piece the back.

My goal is to get the baby quilt, which is really about a twin size completely done and sent out by July first. My mom asked for a thanksgiving table runner and 8 matching placemats for her birthday on August 29th. I have those planned and the fabric on order.I'm looking forward to those. They will be pretty and easy to bang out. I'm hoping to have some time to go back to the one for my hubby and I before I have to start on the runner and placemats. I also joined the farmer's wife qal starting August 4th.

Ha. When I write it all out it seems like a lot! I have an app on my phone and computer called evernote. It's free to use and I have a "current projects" note where I track all my wips and where I am in each one. I'm at the point where I want to wrap those up before I start the farmers wife.

judy363905 06-23-2015 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean (Post 7236195)

Donna, this is how I roll also...just having fun. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

ManiacQuilter2 06-23-2015 01:22 PM

I try to set goals but only in sand. Yes, I am getting UFOs finished but haven't had the time to post any photos yet. I like to have fun with my quilting hobby so I like to work on what I feel like doing fpr the day. cutting bias binding today becuase I have to have it done by by tomorrow morning.

quilterlois 06-23-2015 01:37 PM

For the first time ever, I'm ahead of myself. I started a quilt after News Year for our family reunion (July 18) and I'm done. Finished the hand work last night. I thought I was finished until I read todays post about labeling. I haven't dated and Signed it. LOL

OhCanada 06-23-2015 02:43 PM

I told myself - you're not buying any more fabric or starting any more new projects until you get some UFOs finished.
The first part has been working out because there aren't any LQS here. I've gone online to look at fabric but so far I've been able to resist. But this month I had to start 4 new projects because of requests from family. 3 of the 4 are done, and the 4th should be done by Friday. I did finish 2 UFOs this month and should have another done by the end of the month. I do have a deadline - my DSM gets packed for a big move overseas July 13th. It'll take 6-8 weeks to arrive at our new home. :(