Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your preffered way to "HANG" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-preffered-way-hang-t212850.html)

borntoquilt 02-03-2013 09:03 AM

What is your preffered way to "HANG"

a quilt or wall hanging on your wall...? Do you use your quilts as ART to decorate walls, doors, etc?

borntoquilt 02-03-2013 09:04 AM

preferred is what I MEANT.. need COFFEE.... :shock:

Grandma Peg 02-03-2013 09:06 AM

Yes, I do have a hang some wallhangings. Have a McKenna Ryan quilt on our wall in our bedroom. Plus I have two in my sewing room on the wall and door, then I have one in the living room on a door, an Eagle.

ckcowl 02-03-2013 09:07 AM

i apply hanging sleeves to many of my quilts- some that are made specifically for hanging i add what ever method is going to suit the situation best- sometimes tabs (like going over drapery rods) sometimes a sleeve, sometimes mounted & framed, depends on the individual quilt/situation/purpose.

dglvr 02-03-2013 09:11 AM

I put alot of mine on the wall. I have dogs on the bed so I don't use any of them (except a rag quilt)on the bed. I also have a couple of quilt racks so I switch them out on that.

Kathy Osterby 02-03-2013 09:30 AM

hanging quilts

I only make small quilts and hang them on my sewing room walls. I don't use sleeves but instead sew café rings to the back then use a rod or if I'm really lazy I use the raised thumb tacks to hang them. Since my sewing room has ceiling tiles coming down the wall (has sloped ceiling) the holes from tacks don't show and I caneven use pins to hang them. I make Sunbonnet Sue quilts for each month that hang on the front door welcoming guests so as you can see there are plenty of places for quilts not just on the bed!!lol

Scissor Queen 02-03-2013 09:37 AM

I have 6 spaces for wall hangings in my house. In some of the spaces the art rotates and in some it's permanent. On the ones up to 16 inches wide I use folded squares in the corners. On the rest I put a sleeve on when I put the binding on so I only have to hand sew down one side and the ends. The wall hangings that are the smallest hang from either a small dowel rod or a pencil. The rest of them are on curtain rods just mounted to the wall. The one in the entry is a fancy wood rod with nice finials I found several years ago and the other two are the metal cafe rods. I have on that is hung on a piece of wood mini blind with thumb tacks.

ETA: I make art. I see no reason to hang other people's art on my walls when I can hang my own art.

Jan in VA 02-03-2013 11:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I use white cafe rods from Walmart. They are cheap, easy to install (sometimes I use those "Command Strips" hooks instead and just the cafe rod), and I can use clip-on rings to hold the quilt. Using these rings instead of a rod pocket means I can hang the quilt inside and outside the hooks on the wall if the rod needs to be longer. Also easier to change out the quilts on display.

Jan in VA

hopetoquilt 02-03-2013 11:27 AM

I put triangles in all 4 corners so that I can put a thin piece of wood across top and bottom. This holds the bottom straight. I want to make a good number of quilts and place them on an antique ladder in my family room. I have them on my bed and at the ends of all the beds in the house.

quiltyfeelings 02-03-2013 02:44 PM

Hangitdangit.com