Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are your thoughts about borders on this one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-thoughts-about-borders-one-t141902.html)

damaquilts 08-01-2011 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still working on my UFOs . These are 22 blocks I found whilst cleaning out. 20 used in the quilt 2 left over. pillows maybe?
I thought about all different ways to sash and realized I like no sashings better. I used a navy pin dot as the outside little spacer sash. But I don't know where to go from here. I am thinking a lighter blue border about 1/2 size of the block. They are 8.5 " . Then navy pindot as the binding.
I wanted to take everything out of my stash but have realized I have NO light colors. So I guess I am going to have to buy.

ube quilting 08-01-2011 01:53 PM

I see what looks like a pale green in alot of the blocks. Try auditioning something on that order with the blue dot on the outside. Pale blue is very safe. This is a fun quilt so play a little.

I also see one bright red block so maybe a very thin red border or flange and then your outer borders.

It is such a fun quilt you could do almost anything with it!
peace

amma 08-01-2011 02:16 PM

What about a light scrappy border? I like what you have so far :D:D:D

pumpkinpatchquilter 08-01-2011 02:18 PM

This is SO cute - very vintage. If it were my quilt I would probably border in something red...to bring that white polka dotted red fabric you used out to the edges. Maybe a smaller red inner border and then as ube quilting up there suggested, maybe a wider outer border in that pale vintage green.

pumpkinpatchquilter 08-01-2011 02:18 PM

...Forgot to add that that orphan block you have leftover would be a great block to use as your label on the back.

maine ladybug 08-01-2011 08:51 PM

I see medium blue as the prominent color when I look at it, so I think I would go with that.

damaquilts 08-05-2011 11:32 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well I just got back from the fabric store and what a wonderful one it was too. But the prices Oh boy! I know I have been warned. If you are ever in VA forget Joann's and Hancock and go straight to Fabric Hut in Norfolk. It reminds me of the older fabric stores I knew. Fabric not a bunch of other junk . Upholstery , bridal, clothes and more quilt fabrics then I am seen in quite a while.
Any way spent a couple of hours and ended up picking out two, a blue and purple print. No reds that were good colors none of the greens really floated my boat these two looked the best. And I found a pink piece in my stash when I was cleaning out the other day.
Maybe combining the three somehow in a scrappy border.
Someone please tell me when this got so hard. I use to be able to throw these things together. Maybe I am just getting pickier since everyone on here has such beautiful well made things.

damaquilts 08-05-2011 11:32 AM

Silly thing posted twice..
sorry about that

maine ladybug 08-05-2011 11:39 AM

Honestly, I like the blue one best.

whinnytoo 08-05-2011 02:16 PM

Blue , blue and blue,,,,,, LOVE IT