Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's The Deal With eBay? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-deal-ebay-t6841.html)

Melissa 05-04-2008 08:45 PM

I've been jumping around eBay the last couple of days trying to find some patterns that I like. I keep finding these patterns that are a bargain ($1.99 or so) and when I open the link for the description, it says it's a pattern from a magazine with a picture of the finished product. Is this a good deal? Libraries usually have TONS of microfiched back issued magazines and copies are around 25 cents a page, why spend $4 or so (when you add in shipping) when you could spend less than a dollar at the library?

Anyone have any input?

tlrnhi 05-04-2008 11:34 PM

I wouldn't buy it.
I'm sure you could probably ask someone here if they have the magazine and picture. They'd probably do the same they are doing on ebay for ya for free!

Janeen 05-05-2008 04:25 AM

and sometimes the magazines have their patterns online for free anyhow :!:

tlrnhi 05-05-2008 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Janeen
and sometimes the magazines have their patterns online for free anyhow :!:

yup, yup!

Melissa 05-05-2008 04:51 AM

Yeah, I was thinking that there was a better way. Good to know that I'm not the only one that was a little weary of it. Well, I guess I didn't see any of those magazine pages having bids. Good to know I'm not being too critical. :)

Joan 05-05-2008 05:59 AM

There is just so much online. Although, I have to admit to buying my "first" quilt pattern off of E Bay. It was before I knew there what I could fine online. Everybody is just trying to make a "buck".....

Knot Sew 05-06-2008 05:17 AM

Many businessess opren e-bay stores.........probably the magazine companies do. I don't think anyone else could because of copyright :D

KarenQuilts 05-11-2008 05:40 PM

Hi Melissa,
I'm not new to this forum but I do read it! I have posted very few times. However when I read your "What's The Deal With eBay?" post, I thought maybe I can help! I have so many magazines and books on quilting and all are loaded with patterns. If there is anything in particular that you (or anyone else reading) would like to find, I would love to help. Just let me know what you're looking for - either by pattern name or description - and I'll do my best to help you find it. I'll even scan, print, trace or copy it and send it to you, no strings attached! I know I would certainly appreciate it if I needed a pattern and someone else 'shared' with me! You can contact me at this addy - [email protected]. Just put 'Quilt Pattern Help' in the subject line!

Also - I have looked at most of everyone's pics they have posted here of their projects and I have to say.. They are just GORGEOUS!! I will post some of mine when I get a chance. :wink:

Hugs and Stitches,
Karen

Melissa 05-11-2008 08:46 PM

Thanks Karen! I'll keep that in mind!