Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-most-unusual-item-youve-ever-made-t125070.html)

bakermom 05-23-2011 12:12 PM

A canvas lean-to for my DH and BIL to take to a rendevous. My payment was a serger. i used my ancient Kenmore to sew it(they promised to replace it if it got messed up). Machine sewed right thru it. The biggest problem was manuvering that heavy fabric.

PamB8s 05-23-2011 12:18 PM

I have made chisel holders for my husbands chisel's. Pockets the chisels slide down into, top folds over then it rolls up for easy storage.

mhansen6 05-23-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by cindyw
mhansen6, cute little girls and great costumes!

Thanks. Snow White turns 28 this year. I can't wait to make costumes for her daughter, my Avatar.

MrsBoats 05-23-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I made a bag set for a friend who had breast cancer going through chemo. The main bag contained a little blanket, space for everything else. The one part she really appreciated was a little "sick" bag I made. It was a very pretty all-weather upholstery fabric. I used the idea from a airplane airsickness bag. About that size, just a little deeper.

I found some small white bags at a local grocery store that they put frozen stuff in-like the half gallon icecream during checkout. I talked with the store manager and asked him if I could buy a roll of the freezer bags from him, after I explained what it was for, he just gave it to me. 1 roll had about 50 bags I think. That was the liner.

That is a positively *brilliant* idea! *files it for future reference*

LeslieFrost 05-23-2011 05:54 PM

I made a 12" high stuffed penquin with a clerical collar for a lady pastor who was mad for penquins. It was pretty cute!

cr12cats 05-23-2011 09:40 PM

two full bunny suits for my dh and co worker for our place of work for their easter egg hunt. all the kids loved them dh was a great bunny for them. lol

rushdoggie 05-23-2011 09:52 PM

Belly bands for male dogs who are being bad...

GrannieAnnie 05-23-2011 10:00 PM

If crocheted is okay
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................
Found a novelty item pictured somewhere that was a hoot, about 30 years ago. A ball warmer (for guys) I made several one Christmas for gag gifts.

GrannieAnnie 05-23-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
I probably better not post the exact details, but I've made a few adult-themed gag gifts in the past! :shock: :oops: :lol:

See my post about the crocheted items I made. If I get kicked off here, so be it. They were funny~

GrannieAnnie 05-23-2011 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
A gun case for my DSs deer hunting gun. Made it from a leg from some blue jeans!

forgot until you said jeans. I made tennis racket cover for a friend. Used a pair of jeans and it turned out cute.