Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's your favorite color combination in Batiks? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-favorite-color-combination-batiks-t155898.html)

blueangel 09-26-2011 05:35 AM

Purple and green

Mad Mimm 09-26-2011 05:38 AM

I haven't yet met a batik I didn't like. I like the fall colors, the fiery oranges and reds... the calm, cooling blues and purples. Most of my stash is in the blue/green family, but I have a few yards of three fabrics using golden yellows, purples, and hot reds - such a yummy combo I am saving it for something really special. Fugheddaboudit... I love it ALL!!!

TanyaL 09-26-2011 05:42 AM

The rich, rich clear jewel colors of the stained glass windows, no soft shades, no pastels, no greyed shades, no tones - just the jeweled hues.

quiltingaz 09-26-2011 05:45 AM

I love batiks. My favorites are jewel tones, esp. blue, purple, teal, greens. I am just not really an earth tone kind of person, bu some of those colors are nice too. My least favorite is gold.

Great-great granny 09-26-2011 05:59 AM

Ohhhh - they are all so beautiful, but guess the purples w/greens & blue combos would be favorites. Least favorites would be browns, but even some of those have been beautiful.

Actually is there ANY fabric not a beauty when it's put in a quilt??? ;-) ;-)

kacie 09-26-2011 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
If you can't decide on just one... it's okay to list several favorites! :-)

The richer toned blues, greens, browns, reds, rusts, golds...
Depending on the project, purples, pastels, blacks, pretty much anything else.

mom-6 09-26-2011 06:17 AM

I'm always immediately drawn to the blues, greens, aquas, purples, whether it be batiks or anything else. However I like the other side of the color wheel too, most especially the bright or deep burgandys. I tend to consider the yellows and oranges as accent colors that I want to be there but not take center stage very often. My least favorites are the muddy colors/blends. But they have their place too. Oh let's face it I like 'em all!

Lori S 09-26-2011 06:31 AM

It would have to be fall colors! It maybe because it is my favorite season... or the richness of the colors. They just go together .. naturally.
That aside I am next drawn to teal , but it tough to get good corresponding batik fabrics... ( without resorting to the watercolors by Hoffman or Kaufman) so when I find one I buy it.. without hesitation.
My batik stash is almost as large as any other "department" in my stash. I'm thinking I need to find a source for Retayne that sells in big bulk ... not tanker truck size .. but just short of it.

Rose Marie 09-26-2011 06:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ive found after using batiks a lot that I dont like real bright colors.
A little goes a long way so dont use them much.
I like earthy tones and fall colors with just a touch of brights.
Here is an example of to many brights.

Melinda in Tulsa 09-26-2011 07:32 AM

Purples and yellows
turquoise and pinks