Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's your favorite quilting notion/tool? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-favorite-quilting-notion-tool-t238504.html)

yourshortcake 01-09-2014 05:38 PM

What's your favorite quilting notion/tool?

I am always looking to add helpful tools and notions to my collection. My favorite is a 6"by 24" creative grids ruler, what's yours? Wondering if the clover clips are useful and interested in knowing what your favorite item is.

SharonTheriault 01-09-2014 05:51 PM

Mine is the 6 1/2" x 12 1/2" Creative Grids ruler. I have been using it constantly since I got it. Love the 24 1/2" one too, but almost too large for my cutting area.

Prism99 01-09-2014 05:53 PM

Blue painter's tape. I wrap it around my hand a couple of times, sticky side out, and stick it next to my sewing machine. It's great for collecting thread ends! Also can be stuck on a quilt as a straight-line guide for quilting.

ILoveToQuilt 01-09-2014 05:58 PM

Mine is a 6.5"x18.5" Fingergard ruler. Don't believe they are made anymore. It keeps your fingers away from the rotary cutter. Would love to buy more of them!

Anita

Sunnie 01-09-2014 06:03 PM

Clover clips - I now have about 70 of them and at times all are in use for different projects. I sometimes use them instead of pins.

caspharm 01-09-2014 06:07 PM

Love the Clover clips. Love my Creative Grids rulers (I have several) - just picked up the Wedding Ring templates by Creative Grids, designed by Judy Niemeyer.. Love my different seam rippers, stilettos, and my pin cushions. Love my Clover needle dome (holds threaded needles).
I like my Studio cutter.

yourshortcake 01-09-2014 06:10 PM

Oh yeah I use the tape a lot too. Comes in very handy!

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 6503597)
Blue painter's tape. I wrap it around my hand a couple of times, sticky side out, and stick it next to my sewing machine. It's great for collecting thread ends! Also can be stuck on a quilt as a straight-line guide for quilting.

RedGarnet222 01-09-2014 06:16 PM

I have tried and tried to use the wonder clips a friend gifted me and I don't care for them.

I think my favorite quilting thing is the huge cutting mat that fits the top of my desk almost perfectly. Then after that it is my sewing machine. Bernina's are the best!

Oh thin flower head pins and of course my newest patterns.

yourshortcake 01-09-2014 06:37 PM

I have been wondering about the flower head pins. I have seen them around the web a lot lately. I am also ordering a bigger mat tomorrow.

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6503653)
I have tried and tried to use the wonder clips a friend gifted me and I don't care for them.

I think my favorite quilting thing is the huge cutting mat that fits the top of my desk almost perfectly. Then after that it is my sewing machine. Bernina's are the best!

Oh thin flower head pins and of course my newest patterns.

franc36 01-09-2014 06:37 PM

The quilting aid I use the most is a 5" x 10" ruler by Kimberly Einmo. Since I sew with lots of pre cuts, that ruler is the perfect size. Lately, I have been making blocks with lots of tiny pieces (e.g., a 12" block with 100 pieces). The small ruler is perfect.

As for the Clover clips, I love them. I bought a small package of 10, I think, and was not too impressed; but later, I was able to get 100 for half price. Having enough clips for the entire quilt really made a difference. Now, I always use them to hold my binding in place. I wonder now how I ever did without them and can't believe that I once didn't like them.