Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wheelchair quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wheelchair-quilt-t139919.html)

Sewfine 07-24-2011 01:04 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hope is walks back in.

mmonohon 07-24-2011 01:06 PM

Sad. So sad that people can't keep their paws off things that do not belong to them. So sad.

kuntryquilter 07-25-2011 03:32 AM

My mothers teeth disappeared. The response from the administrator 'valuables should be placed in the office safe' Sometimes the staff likes things and swipe them, so don't always blame the residents.

arline423 07-25-2011 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by bbeyes
I made a wheelchair quilt for my sister for Christmas and took it to the home she is residing but didn't think about it much since the weather is warmer but yesterday I decided to look in her cupboard to see if it was put away and to my shock it has disappeared! Inquiries from staff didn't bring any results. Just really upset about this it took me months to put the squares together which I had already cut years ago in red white and green left over from other project done many years ago, days before rotary cutters. Can you you believe this. I labelled with her name and even sewed it into the quilting so when they did laundry it wouldn't come off. Just had to vent.

As a frequent volunteer at our local nursing home and assisted living home, I have seen many times that residents will "visit" another resident's room. If one sees something that might remind them of their past, they just pick it up and take it along to their room. They don't mean to do anything bad, but aging minds have a tendency to do things they would never have done earlier in life. Just watch for the quilt each time you visit. Eventually you may find who is enjoying your lovely quilt.

peabee 07-25-2011 03:45 AM

quilt i made for my father in law "disappeared" also. he took it to dialysis treatments. i stitched his name in as well as put it on the label. i will quilt his name throughout in the next wheelchair quilt. so sad.....

DebbyT 07-25-2011 03:56 AM

My Aunt was in the nursing home only 2 weeks for us to realize her laundry was not coming back. My sister now collects it on Wed and returns on Sunday. All missing items, still missing after 2 months.

Hobbyhorse1027 07-25-2011 04:20 AM

I really like QuiltnNan's quilt. It willl definitely prevent some people from stealing it.

Tinabodina 07-25-2011 04:22 AM

It could have gotten mixed up with some other residents laundry. Have the staff be on the look out. It just may appear.

Tinabodina 07-25-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter
My mothers teeth disappeared. The response from the administrator 'valuables should be placed in the office safe' Sometimes the staff likes things and swipe them, so don't always blame the residents.

You know, I think staff gets a bad rap sometimes.

pscott392 07-25-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
nursing homes are notorious for missing resident's personal items!

Sad but true, and it doesn't seem to matter what the item is or what the value may be - either personal value or monetary value.