Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When do you cry UNCLE!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-do-you-cry-uncle-t150444.html)

amandasgramma 09-04-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
OMG---It's not 20 minutes after that post and I FOUND the book. It had been in our bedroom because I was reading it and one day I picked it up and "put it away"! I must have been in zombie land because where it was made no sense. It was in my sewing room but it was in a fabric storage bin in the closet covered with fabric that had nothing to do with this book.

ROLMAO!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Welcome to my world!!!! You made my day!

scowlkat 09-04-2011 08:03 PM

Most of the time I think things are hiding with what is left of my mind!

deanneellen 09-04-2011 08:09 PM

I have done the same thing so many times! It's nice to know I am not alone!

BETTY62 09-04-2011 08:16 PM

I'll bet that "Not Me" person that often visits my house has been to see you. He always returns my things but never leaves them in the same place I left them.

Barb44 09-04-2011 08:27 PM

OMG---It's not 20 minutes after that post and I FOUND the book. It had been in our bedroom because I was reading it and one day I picked it up and "put it away"! I must have been in zombie land because where it was made no sense. It was in my sewing room but it was in a fabric storage bin in the closet covered with fabric that had nothing to do with this book.

I was just going to ask if you had checked the refrigerator or the freezer. My things must get very warm because they have been known to go there.
:wink:

Nanamoms 09-04-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grannymom
blame it on fibro fog....

Oh yes, Fibro Fog is a very good excuse...ugh, reason!! I'm all the time trying to find something even when it's exactly where it should be!! :(

Willa 09-04-2011 08:36 PM

Oh no it sounds like you have the dreaded sometimers also! I have it too. Sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't. Glad you found it.

Pickles 09-04-2011 09:43 PM

Happy you found it, I know when something like that happens it's enough to drive a person nuts. :D

Annaleehunter 09-04-2011 11:12 PM

Several months ago I bought this book on machine piecing cathedral windows because I saw a couple of techniques I wanted to try. Now I am POSITIVE I bought the book because I can explain the basics of the technique and can picture the quilt I want to make. Of course cathedral windows require tons of fabric so I have been collecting fabric all this time. The Madison show is next weekend and I wanted to confirm I have everything I need so if I am short I can pick it up at the show at a decent price.

Can I find this book....no I cannot!
Relax and check out Eddie's tute! It is the best!
Now my house is not the picture of organization but I am a hoarder! I cannot find this book anywhere. I searched all 3000 sf on three floors plus the garage--my sewing room has been gutted and put back, I searched all three cars, I looked at both of my offices. NADA! I can only think of the attic or I loaned it to a friend.

I know that this happens to others, since today my GF gave me an adapter for my bias tape maker....she could not find hers needed it to finish a commissioned quilt and bought another one. I looked on Amazon and I can re-buy the book for 15 bucks. I am so tempted but know as soon as I do, the dang thing will show up!

Right now, I am going to stop looking and set the fabric aside as a UFO. I am not ready to cry uncle yet but if I haven't found it by Christmas, I will give.

Annaleehunter 09-04-2011 11:14 PM

Several months ago I bought this book on machine piecing cathedral windows because I saw a couple of techniques I wanted to try. Now I am POSITIVE I bought the book because I can explain the basics of the technique and can picture the quilt I want to make. Of course cathedral windows require tons of fabric so I have been collecting fabric all this time. The Madison show is next weekend and I wanted to confirm I have everything I need so if I am short I can pick it up at the show at a decent price.

Can I find this book....no I cannot!

Relax and check out Eddie's tute! It is the best!
Now my house is not the picture of organization but I am a hoarder! I cannot find this book anywhere. I searched all 3000 sf on three floors plus the garage--my sewing room has been gutted and put back, I searched all three cars, I looked at both of my offices. NADA! I can only think of the attic or I loaned it to a friend.

I know that this happens to others, since today my GF gave me an adapter for my bias tape maker....she could not find hers needed it to finish a commissioned quilt and bought another one. I looked on Amazon and I can re-buy the book for 15 bucks. I am so tempted but know as soon as I do, the dang thing will show up!

Right now, I am going to stop looking and set the fabric aside as a UFO. I am not ready to cry uncle yet but if I haven't found it by Christmas, I will give.

Just look up Eddie's tute. It is the best!