Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   when does your stash become hoarding (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-does-your-stash-become-hoarding-t35963.html)

Corky 02-06-2010 10:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics of our computer room Before and After

Another section of the computer room desk before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29312[/ATTACH]

Same section, after
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29313[/ATTACH]

Shelves in the same room, before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29453[/ATTACH]

Corky 02-06-2010 10:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Some more pictures.

Organized magazines (quilting, of course!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29455[/ATTACH]

more magazines (I have lots, but use them and give away unused issues)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29456[/ATTACH]

Some pretty shelves by the closet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29457[/ATTACH]

Zoe 02-06-2010 10:51 AM

Dear Corky, You are to be admired for such discipline. Now, relax and enjoy your sewing room and your fabrics. It takes courage to go through all those things, but you did it! :lol:

Corky 02-06-2010 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I have a work surface and I bought a cute caddy to hold all the pens and stuff

Computer area after
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27882[/ATTACH]

memathomas 02-06-2010 11:02 AM

OMG i better go clean my sewing room!!!!

i want mine to look that nice

Corky 02-06-2010 11:04 AM

That isn't my sewing room, it is our computer room. My sewing room is a real project! I will do my master bedroom next.

Originally Posted by memathomas
OMG i better go clean my sewing room!!!!

i want mine to look that nice

mrs. fitz 02-06-2010 11:07 AM

Corky, condolences on the loss of your mom. And congratulations on this massive cleanup, the results are great. Lately I've also started donating my "what was I thinking" fabrics to my guild, scraps for the scrap table, larger pieces for raffles. Some are really nice, just no longer my taste and why should they just sit there.

Enough of you have mentioned "Hoarders" that I better take a look next time I see it listed.

Corky 02-06-2010 11:13 AM

Hoarders is pretty scary, but I know true hoarding is a mental illness. Even so, its enough to scare me into de-cluttering big time. Very motivating, especially if you think of what your family will have to do if you die and they have to deal with all of it. Not a memento to leave them. BTW - I also wrote a "will" for my stash. Want to see it?? It's tongue in cheek, but useable. I want my family to recoup some of the thousands of dollars (tens of thousands?) I have in fabrics, patterns, books and sewing supplies when I'm gone, and honestly, they wouldn't have a clue!

Sandra Craig 02-06-2010 11:26 AM

sure would lkie to see all of it

Corky 02-06-2010 11:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I was quite clever with the magazine holders. I bought inexpensive white ones from IKEA, bought some pretty scrapbooking papers from JoAnns and covered the fronts of the mag holders with the paper, printed out labels and Voila'! Looks pretty cool, huh?

Spray glued the pretty papers on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25770[/ATTACH]

During organization
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25771[/ATTACH]

During organization
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25772[/ATTACH]