Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When no goles in mind (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-no-goles-mind-t44176.html)

sawsan 04-28-2010 04:25 AM

Do you make any sewing or quilting or any thing just to try something new !!!!!I am talking about myself making things with no goals in my mind.
For example I made 4 bags, used one 8-), second one I gave it to my sister 8-). Last two months i made about 5 pincushions and many of pencils bag..... and all just to try new colors shapes and spent good times :-D but I admit no goals.
and stored them in a shoe boxes :cry:
I know It's my problem and no body can help me to find a way to get more benefit . Is it only me :?:

I don't know how to begin telling people about my items or sell !!!! :oops: :cry:

can u suggest any thing I appreciate.

janRN 04-28-2010 04:43 AM

I sew a lot of times with no goals in mind. I like to try new blocks or techniques or color combinations so I just make blocks. Just blocks-very few end up in quilt, they're just stacked on a shelf. Some day maybe I'll put them together but right now they're just sitting there.

I don't think you always need a goal. Sometimes we just like to sew and it's good practice for when we do find that project. I've never made bags but you sound like you enjoy them and with each one you improve.

Just enjoy the sewing and have fun!

cjomomma 04-28-2010 04:45 AM

I always have a goal when making something, it is what motivates me. I used to do crafts without any goals but I felt it was a waste of time if no one was going to enjoy them. So now I only quilt if it is for someone. I was thinking about selling my quilts but I am not sure I want to do that cause I like to give them away.
I am sure there others on the board that can tell you how to get the word out about your items.

sawsan 04-28-2010 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I always have a goal when making something, it is what motivates me. I used to do crafts without any goals but I felt it was a waste of time if no one was going to enjoy them. So now I only quilt if it is for someone. I was thinking about selling my quilts but I am not sure I want to do that cause I like to give them away.
I am sure there others on the board that can tell you how to get the word out about your items.

Giving always away......not every body will respect handmaid items
Thank u

sharon b 04-28-2010 06:57 AM

I usually have a couple fires to put out, so not much time to just have fun :cry: As for what to do, give them to people that like them, it will make both of you happy ! As for selling , not my cup of tea , would make it too much like work and people expect too much when they are paying for it :wink: Just my thoughts

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-28-2010 07:17 AM

I sew for fun. Fun is my goal. I enjoy what I make.

Hobbies don't have to be goal oriented. People who watch TV do it just for fun. People who read books do it just for fun. Painters generally have dozens of patially finished canvases.

amma 04-28-2010 09:26 AM

I sew just to sew :D:D:D I don't always have or need a reason LOL

Are there any craft fairs near by? A shop that would take your items on consignment?

Pam 04-28-2010 09:34 AM

Making something beautiful is a goal in itself. Enjoy!

granniebj 04-28-2010 10:28 AM

As long as your enjoying yourself, what makes the difference? You can always sell the extra or give them as Christmas presents and so one!

Boopers 04-28-2010 10:37 AM

I sew a lot just to be doing something creative, ant to try new things.
My stack of one of a kind-orphan blocks are used to make charity quilts or tote bags for gifts.
The guild that I belong to also does a table at craft sales.