Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   where do I find 'old' fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-i-find-old-fabric-t273701.html)

Ellageo 12-25-2015 02:37 PM

where do I find 'old' fabric?

I have a yellow fabric that is Just Right! for my next project...But! It's a small piece from a few years ago : ( Does anyone know of a good site to find such 'leftover' fabric? It is yellow 'Angelica' by Dana Carrier by Fabrics by Spectrix. Thanks for any help!

gingerd 12-25-2015 02:50 PM

Can you post a photo of it? That may help a little.

Daylesewblessed 12-25-2015 02:54 PM

I am chuckling to myself. Last week I purchased 4 pieces of 36" wide cotton at the estate sale of a 100 year old. To me that is "old" fabric, and I love what I purchased! I would have gotten a piece of feed sack, but someone beat me to it. Sorry I can't help you with a Spectrix fabric named 'Angelica'. I hope someone else on the board can direct you.

Ellageo 12-25-2015 03:07 PM

Picture of Fabric by Dana Garner from Fabrics fron=m Spectrix 2007

1 Attachment(s)
Angelic is the name of the print by designer

Originally Posted by gingerd (Post 7413476)
Can you post a photo of it? That may help a little.

Material Witness 12-25-2015 04:14 PM

I have old fabric that I'd like to find, also. Does anyone know of a shop that doesn't carry the newest name brand lines? I'm up for a road trip anywhere east of the Mississippi.

maryb119 12-25-2015 06:08 PM

You can post a picture in www.misingfabrics.com There are hundreds of quilt shops who check this web site and contact you if they have the piece you need. I sold fabric on this site when I worked at the LQS.

ckcowl 12-25-2015 08:00 PM

The thing about fabric lines is they are run for a certain number of bolts then done and something new takes their place. Sometimes a line is very popular and the manufacturers decide to keep it going for a while. Try eBay, do fabric searches ( the fabshophop and AQS ( American Quilter Society) among others have fabric search links. Someone is bound to have some left over since its not very old

AnngelAnne 12-26-2015 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119 (Post 7413560)
You can post a picture in www.misingfabrics.com There are hundreds of quilt shops who check this web site and contact you if they have the piece you need. I sold fabric on this site when I worked at the LQS.

I am up to learning something new every day, and this took care of my learning today, so early. Thanks for the information, never knew anything like this existed. Opps, just tried it, darn, it says it doesn't exist. Thought was too good to be true, sadly to say, but nice thought.

citruscountyquilter 12-26-2015 05:19 AM

One of the challenges with matching fabric is that even though it might be the same manufacturer and pattern the color might be slightly different because it was run at a different time/dye lot. If it's not going to be right next to each other it probably wouldn't make a difference but it is hard to get a perfect match if it came off different bolts.

Just Jan 12-26-2015 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo (Post 7413473)
I have a yellow fabric that is JUST RIGHT! for my next project...BUT! It's a small piece from a few years ago : ( Does anyone know of a good site to find such 'leftover' fabric? It is yellow 'Angelica' by Dana Carrier by Fabrics by Spectrix. THANKS for any help!

I just googled it and it was part of a Christmas line from 2007. Someone had listed a yard with Angels on Ebay but the listing is closed. But at least I found out it was a Christmas print.