Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where should I post ....? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-should-i-post-t153953.html)

ScoutingSquirrel 09-18-2011 01:59 PM

A discussion/explanation/advice seeking thread about my first quilt? or my Quilting journey altogether?
I was looking for somewhere to put my musings where I can find them (!) and where others would be able to read and to contribute advice if they wished ...
but it appears that the 'Personal Diary' section is strictly for non-quilt items only ...
Is there a 'Project Diary' section?
Helen

jaciqltznok 09-18-2011 02:01 PM

I think you can put your journal in the diaries..just label my first project journal and go with it!

annthreecats 09-18-2011 02:01 PM

I use my PDA for everything. I post about my life, my hobbies and whatever I want (within reason). Go to the Personal Diary and Announcements section and create your own thread. It's fun. A great way to keep everyone up to date on what you are doing.

sparkys_mom 09-18-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
I use my PDA for everything. I post about my life, my hobbies and whatever I want (within reason). Go to the Personal Diary and Announcements section and create your own thread. It's fun. A great way to keep everyone up to date on what you are doing.

I see something about announcements but nothing about Personal Diary. Is it the same thing?

annthreecats 09-18-2011 02:18 PM

You might not be seeing all the forums. Go to All Sections and check there. There should be a Personal Diary and Announcements Forum listed.

suern3 09-18-2011 02:23 PM

On my screen the PDA section is listed at the very bottom of the page. Below the box titled Quick Reply. It is listed with several other options such as Pictures, BOM, Tutorials , etc.

sparkys_mom 09-18-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
You might not be seeing all the forums. Go to All Sections and check there. There should be a Personal Diary and Announcements Forum listed.

HA! Found it. I had to scroll to the bottom of the page and "guess" that 'PDA' was it - and it was. :) I had always just used the links at the top of the page.

Thanks!

kathy 09-18-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ScoutingSquirrel
A discussion/explanation/advice seeking thread about my first quilt? or my Quilting journey altogether?
I was looking for somewhere to put my musings where I can find them (!) and where others would be able to read and to contribute advice if they wished ...
but it appears that the 'Personal Diary' section is strictly for non-quilt items only ...
Is there a 'Project Diary' section?
Helen

PDA would be a good place for that

ScoutingSquirrel 09-19-2011 04:53 AM

Thank you! The board guidelines say 'Stictly for non-quilt talk only' but I notice that others are discussing sewing related topics and a read around certainly suggests that it is a great place to keep a running report (plus queries and answers) ...

Busy setting up 'over there' now!
"My Quilting Journey starts here"

Helen