Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   While Hubby is away,.,,,,, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/while-hubby-away-t149758.html)

Kas 09-03-2011 08:06 PM

My ex-fiancee lives in Madison. He travels quite a bit to far off places, too. Does your DH work out on the Arsenal? That is where Marty works and where my dad workded. I remember when it took half an hour to get out there. Now it takes about 10 mins from my mom's house. So weird. It is also so weird to connect with people halfway across the country who live in my old stompin grounds! I remember when the VBCC was built! My grandfather and uncle's company did the lighting.

Joyce Ann 09-04-2011 05:15 AM

Have a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun

JenelTX 09-04-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama
...when he's gone I can quilt as late as I want, I don't have to stop and make dinner until I get hungry and at the quilt show I can buy what ever I want to buy!!!!.

LOL!!! I know just what you mean. I told my husband yesterday that I needed to go to the quilt store at some point, and he said something about driving me there. I said, "Oh no, I want to go without you." I didn't want to worry about him waiting for me out in the car, getting bored while I looked at fabric. I told him I'd go while he watched football. That way, we'd both be happy.

Tinabug 09-04-2011 04:03 PM

When life gives you lemonade, drink it!

Originally Posted by emmamarie
when life gives you lemons,make lemon- aid!!!!

craftynell 09-04-2011 04:46 PM

We have a quilt show on September 15, 16 and 17 in San Mateo, CA. I can't wait. I love going to them. I hope everyone got the free tickets. If not let me know and I will photo copy mine and send it to you. It says we can use photo copys. Send me a private message. Be sure to leave me your name and address.

Jingle 09-04-2011 05:14 PM

Enjoy doing whatever you want, whatever time you want to do it.

SharBear 09-04-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by emmamarie
when life gives you lemons,make lemon- aid!!!!

or a Lemondrop Martini!

My husband travels a lot and while we all miss him I find that the house is kept cleaner and I get a lot more done than when he's here.

Arleners 09-04-2011 07:29 PM

I know what you mean. You love him, but he does cut into your quilting time. I have the same problem. When he is home, I don't get any quilting done. He just gets this sad look when I say I am going to my room that I end up hanging around in the living room. Even if it is just to watch him watch the Mets.
Don;t get me wrong, I am semi retired and he is still working FT so I do get days to myself, but I now don't like holidays because it messes up my routine.
I guess I am getting old and cranky

DonnaMaeE 09-04-2011 07:37 PM

I know how you feel. Mine is going elk hunting for 10 days or so. Time to get to some projects and just do what I want to do - when I want to do it!

amandasgramma 09-04-2011 07:45 PM

Mine just got back from a week of fishing. Came back early ---- Unfortunately I was sick most of that week! I had looked SO forward to getting things done. I understand where you're coming from!