Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who do you follow on line? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-do-you-follow-line-t319292.html)

cindyb 10-06-2022 06:39 AM

Who do you follow on line?

I used to follow Bonnie Hunter and kind of fell away for about a year now. I checked her out today and see she only has a few comments vs what she had when I was following her. Who have you been following daily? I need a little quilting boost.

Macybaby 10-06-2022 06:47 AM

I get almost all of the motivation I need from this board. Seems like at least once a week someone posts a link about something in response to a question, and I go look for the fun of it, and end up finding inspiration.

dunster 10-06-2022 07:31 AM

Bonnie is the only one I follow daily. The few comments you saw could be because it was still early in the morning and the post was brand new. She has a huge following, and not all of us comment. (I never have, and I don't usually read the comments made by others on a blog.)

Onebyone 10-06-2022 07:46 AM

For inspiration I watch quilters on youtube. I seldom read blogs. The Fat Quarter shop, Fabric Cafe, Just Get it Done, The Questioning Quilter, Missouri Star, and so many more that are full of fun ideas. Search for 'quilting' in you tube and you will have inspiration for days.

sewingitalltogether 10-06-2022 08:21 AM

I have the UFO group from American Patchwork and Quilting on my Facebook page. The beginning of the year I downloaded their paper and wrote down 12 UFO’s. Some ladies say the have 4-6 pages. But I felt like I had too many large projects 1/2 done. Also have the Scrap quilts group on Facebook. I’ve unfriended most of the actual people. Seeing quilts is fine. Have Judy Niemeyers group on Facebook. Just bought 2 new patterns!! What was I thinking? I like seeing all the different quilts from these web groups. Lots of new ideas.

joe'smom 10-06-2022 08:43 AM

I only follow the Quilting Board, and check in once daily at Bonnie Hunter's Facebook page, 'Quiltville's Open Studio.' I'll scan the first few posts and then check the photos to see if there is a pattern I want to save. I also love following when the winter mystery is underway.

Tartan 10-06-2022 10:42 AM

I check in daily with Bonnie on her Quiltville site. For non quilting entertainment, I follow Sandy Brock on her Sheepishly Me site. She a Canadian sheep farmer.

toverly 10-06-2022 10:54 AM

I'm hooked on quilting videos on youtube. One I love to watch is, Patchwork Facil. There are no words, just music. She shows how to make complicated patterns using simple tools.

quiltsfor 10-06-2022 11:31 AM

I like to watch, in no particular order: Just Get It Done, The Crafty Author, Missouri Star Quilting, and Jordan Fabrics. I watch others as well if I am looking for a specific how to.

Onebyone 10-06-2022 02:15 PM

I turn on youtube quilt videos on my tv when in my sewing room. I have learned so many new tips and things to try, not try, new quilting products, techniques I've never seen before and old techniques not shown anymore. Remember Billie Lauder's quilting tricks?