Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has the best price for Alto's quick cut? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-best-price-altos-quick-cut-t122265.html)

Wholeheart Mom 05-11-2011 01:37 AM

Checked ebay, but nothing. Checked Hittle, nothing.

The manufacturers website lists it as $229 plus shipping, and I was hoping to get one for less than that.

Any ideas?

cathyquilty 05-11-2011 02:01 AM

I belong to a yahoo group called Sewitsforsale I bought mine there for 100.00 plus shipping and it was new . all you have to do is join the group and post what you are looking for and people will respond and I love mine

MTS 05-11-2011 03:22 AM

Post an ISO ad in the Classifieds.
I'm sure there is one (or two) gathering dust somewhere. ;-)

Just ask any interested sellers to PM you.

Wholeheart Mom 05-11-2011 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by cathyquilty
I belong to a yahoo group called Sewitsforsale I bought mine there for 100.00 plus shipping and it was new . all you have to do is join the group and post what you are looking for and people will respond and I love mine

Thanks... I just joined, my membership is pending. Hopefully I can find one there!

wolph33 05-11-2011 05:16 AM

good luck,most of us will not part with ours.

feffertim 05-11-2011 06:35 AM

Once in a while there is one on EBay, I have it checked so that I get notified when one is posted, but they do tend so sell for quite a bit , so you don't save much. Used ones are hard to find because once you have one, you never want to be without it.

jrhboxers 05-11-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by cathyquilty

There was one a couple of days ago for $150. Let me look and see if I can find it.

ETA - Sorry it was sold. It was a new #2 with a case for $225.

QKO 05-11-2011 07:07 AM

I'm pretty sure the only way to buy a new one is through a manufacturers rep, or direct from the manufacturers website.

So getting a good discount might come down to finding a nice used one, or an unused new one, from a private seller.

Wholeheart Mom 05-11-2011 02:10 PM

Thanks everyone.

I have a little extra cash and would love an Alto, but I don't have enough saved up for the full retail price yet.

I have no problem with a used one in good condition, but I can see that once an Alto owner, always an Alto owner! They are hard to find used.

Anyone, I will continue searching, and if anyone hears of one available, please don't hesitate to let me know. I would surely appreciate that very much.

charity-crafter 05-11-2011 02:38 PM

A friend picked up a demo one at a quilt show. The lady didn't want to cart it home with her and sold if for 1/2 price to be picked up after the show. Great deal for my friend.