Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who has a Brothers Innovis QC 1000? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-has-brothers-innovis-qc-1000-a-t18099.html)

Lainee 03-25-2009 05:16 AM

I've been test driving the Janome 6600 and the Brother QC 1000. I don't see much about the Brother, but when I did free motion on it...I swear there is a built in stitch regulator...didn't have to go fast...could stop and start again without anything crazy happening and it has a huge add on table.

I'm going to test drive them both again!!!!

Maggiesmom 03-25-2009 11:16 AM

I would most assuredly recommend the Brother. I have used both machines and I have three Brother machines at the preasent. I also have a Janome and thought it the best until I started using the Brother machines. I have several friends who have the QC 1000 and swear by them. I have a Brother Innovis4000D which is about5 years old and runs like a top. Just purchsed the New Brother Quatro and can't believe how wonderful it is.

Dorothy of Kansas 03-25-2009 01:58 PM

McQuilter, you have the machine I want (drooling badly!! :D ) I saw it at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt festival!! Have to save up for that one. I have bhe BabyLock Ellegante, but they (Brother and Babylock) are made the same. In the future, I will be buying Brother instead of BabyLock...more dealers and better deals!!

azdesertrat 03-25-2009 03:32 PM

I have the Brother Quattro and I love this machine

Maggiesmom 03-25-2009 06:47 PM

The Brother Quatro is amazing. I just finished quilting a lap quilt using the built in stitches, fantastic. Keep saving it is worth it.

Sew and Sew 03-25-2009 07:10 PM

I have a Brother 4000D and purchased the updated version last year. I love mine. When I was looking for a machine I wanted something that would embroider and quilt and it just love to use it. Have had no problems with it and would recommend to anyone......the great thing was the store I bought it from had free classes........what fun.....

ElaineGL 05-12-2009 08:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board and new to quilting (and sewing for that matter!). I'm glad people like the QC 1000. I just bought one at a Mother's Day sale.

I have a used (classroom model) Brother NX 400, and did not really think I'd go for another Brother. I saw and liked the Babylock Espire, suspected it was a Brother machine and decided to stay with Brother and my current dealer after I saw the QC 1000. It seemed to have a high fun factor!

It's nearly identical to the Espire and I got a free little sewing/embroidery machine as a rebate (a Project Runway limited edition, ha ha).

It seemed like a good deal. It's great that you experienced sewers like it.

Cheers, Elaine

azdesertrat 05-12-2009 10:55 AM

I Have the Quattro also I love this machine.it is awesome

azdesertrat 05-12-2009 10:56 AM

sorry I didn' realize I already posted this message here
well at least I am consistent

queenopearls 06-29-2009 04:48 PM

Hi AZ Desert Rat! (cute name)
I have had the QC1000 for a year now and it is fabulous.
The only "stitch regulator" is skill. Unless you purchase a Grace quilting frame, then Brother says the dealer has an add-on stitch regulator. I plan on finding out this week.
Whatever machine you purchased, I trust you are loving it!
~Christina