Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who is a lazy quilter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-lazy-quilter-t98520.html)

May in Jersey 02-10-2011 12:13 PM

Me, that's who! I was all set to begin sandwiching my latest quilt on the dining room table when I realized I left the masking tape upstairs. Needed the tape to tape the backing down but I got lazy and didn't want to go upstairs again so I used DH's duck tape instead. Pinned the whole quilt and when I turned it over I saw that the duck tape didn't hold the backing tight enough as there were a lot of puffy places between the pins. Instead of spending the afternoon quilting I'll be unpinning the quilt, going up stairs to get my masking tape and will begin all over again to sandwich the quilt. That will teach me, next time I'll get the right tape. May in Jersey

amma 02-10-2011 12:16 PM

We learn the hard way huh? :roll: :D:D:D

Jim's Gem 02-10-2011 12:18 PM

Duct tape can leave nasty sticky stuff all over your fabrics and your table if you are not very very careful!!!!!

Or pull off the finish of your table!

Jill 02-10-2011 12:32 PM

We can really cause ourselves some extra trouble now can't we? I sandwiched a quilt the other evening, and well into the next morning, and when I got to the bottom I found out that somehow the quilt got moved on the table, and found out the quilt top was longer than the batting and backing. Had to remove all the pins and start over.

sewwhat85 02-10-2011 12:33 PM

sounds like me try to save a couple of steps and make the job bigger than it needed to be

michelehuston 02-10-2011 02:08 PM

Yep..we somehow manage to turn 2 hour job into an all nighter! So sorry!

Stitchnripper 02-10-2011 02:11 PM

I've been known to be...but have great luck with the duck tape and so/so with the masking tape.

sewnsewer2 02-10-2011 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Me, that's who! I was all set to begin sandwiching my latest quilt on the dining room table when I realized I left the masking tape upstairs. Needed the tape to tape the backing down but I got lazy and didn't want to go upstairs again so I used DH's duck tape instead. Pinned the whole quilt and when I turned it over I saw that the duck tape didn't hold the backing tight enough as there were a lot of puffy places between the pins. Instead of spending the afternoon quilting I'll be unpinning the quilt, going up stairs to get my masking tape and will begin all over again to sandwich the quilt. That will teach me, next time I'll get the right tape. May in Jersey

Try these handy clamps from home depot, the work GREAT!! They are about $6 each but well worth it!

handy clamp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123112[/ATTACH]

grammy17 02-10-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
sounds like me try to save a couple of steps and make the job bigger than it needed to be

As we used to say int our printing business, "We never have time to do it right but we always find time to do it over."

SuziC 02-10-2011 02:45 PM

We have all done something like that. ( try to save time) You are in good company!