Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who is shopping for fabric this Memorial Day Weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-shopping-fabric-memorial-day-weekend-t47299.html)

LastGrandma 05-29-2010 06:53 AM

Have been to the fabric stores 3 times this week. Enough is enough! Plan on quilting my 17 tops this weekend!

craftybear 05-29-2010 07:13 AM

wow, you just got a head start than the rest of us.

Have fun sewing!

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
Have been to the fabric stores 3 times this week. Enough is enough! Plan on quilting my 17 tops this weekend!

Beachbound 05-29-2010 08:27 AM

I wasn't planning on shopping this weekend but I got an email from the LQS~ a hundred bolts 40% off. I came home with several yards!!! Moda Bistro is so cute, now that I'm home I wish I would have got a few more yards to make new kitchen curtains with it. I think placemats will be fun if I can find a nice pattern.

peaceandjoy 05-29-2010 08:30 AM

Like Dody, shopping for fabric wasn't in the plan... But then I found a link for Delta Patchwork and saw some things at great prices, so... Now I have a package to look forward to!

Eddie 05-29-2010 08:32 AM

I'm going to see if I can convince my wife to go to the LQS with me today. Somehow, I don't think it will take much arm twisting.

GrammaNan 05-29-2010 08:43 AM

Joann's is having a great sale this weekend. My local Joann's has upholstery fabric samples for $1 each. They will make great Goodie Bags.

pieces 05-29-2010 08:43 AM

I went to my LQS and bought fabric for 2 crib quilts I'm planning. With summer here they may wait a few months to get pieced. But I have the fabric so whenever the weather turns hot or I get the itch. I've sewn up the cut ends, washing and pressing the fabric so it will be ready when I am.

Sewslow 05-29-2010 09:44 AM

I'd better not fabric shop this weekend, but here's one online order I received yesterday from www.embtreasures.com (Embroidery Treasures). A Google search led me there to buy Quilter's Delight Pin Covers and this set of fabrics just fell in my cart -- and I thought that only happened at brick and mortar stores! It's Lakehouse Hydrangea collection. One Christmas I made DIL and SD (Stepdaughter) table runners from the purple and raspberry print. I didn't get enough fabric for one for me and never found it again. It was fate -- this color is better for my house and I have a rose hydrangea by my front door. Besides, I paid $9 a yard for theirs, $5.99 a yard for this. Hmm, maybe I can fabric shop with the money I saved.

Sewslow 05-29-2010 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sewslow
I'd better not fabric shop this weekend, but here's one online order I received yesterday from www.embtreasures.com (Embroidery Treasures). A Google search led me there to buy Quilter's Delight Pin Covers and this set of fabrics just fell in my cart -- and I thought that only happened at brick and mortar stores! It's Lakehouse Hydrangea collection. One Christmas I made DIL and SD (Stepdaughter) table runners from the purple and raspberry print. I didn't get enough fabric for one for me and never found it again. It was fate -- this color is better for my house and I have a rose hydrangea by my front door. Besides, I paid $9 a yard for theirs, $5.99 a yard for this. Hmm, maybe I can fabric shop with the money I saved.

The computer ate my attachment. Hope it shows this time.

mountain deb 05-29-2010 10:30 AM

Went to a thrift store this AM and found a large box of fabrics pieces for $1.00 and a large plastic bag full for 75cents. I subdivided it into my pile, my mothers pile, school art donation, and neighbors pile. Some of the prints are the 60's/70's. Everyone benefits.