Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who still needs to b e adopted? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-still-needs-b-e-adopted-t59476.html)

DeniseP 08-15-2010 09:27 AM

It means a quilter with experience will help you out when you ask. Kind of like a buddy system.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-15-2010 09:30 AM

I don't mind adopting can sign me up, far from knowing all but will try to help... have been sewing quilting several years. :)
Have found it useful to just throw the question out, often many useful suggestions come back.
Have at times felt adopted by all!! :)

dphelps 08-15-2010 09:31 AM

That is correct. If you need help or want to help out, this is the place to be. Many of us have quilting buddies but many still do not. Hopefully this list will help pair you up with someone.

mayday 08-15-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
In July, a thread was posted about adopting a new quilter as a quilting mother or buddy? I know there were LOTS of posts. I was wondering if everyone found a match with another quilter or are there still those out there who could use a buddy. I would like to get a list together of those who need help or a buddy and one for those who are available to be a buddy. How does that sound? Would everyone work with me?

would like to be adopted ,am v dumb ,don't piece, but enjoy hand quilting.

Joyce 08-15-2010 09:36 AM

I am blessed! I have adopted DeniseP (Grasshopper) :D

DeniseP 08-15-2010 09:48 AM

Thank you, Joyce. You are so sweet!

brookemarie19 08-15-2010 09:51 AM

I think I would like to be adopted. I have only finished two quilts and have made two tops that need to be since may of last year. I have learned alot just by watching this board, but know there is so much more to learn (I have joined the group that is doing the Farmer's Wife Sampler just so that I can learn more) I am a person that wants to eventually know how to "do it all" as others say. I know I can machine piece and am learning how to hand peice. As far as the quilting, I am totally chicken and am afraid to even try. I also want to learn how to applique and paper piece. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am totally new and don't know much but want to learn so much more (that is when I have time and my 4 kids want to coroperate with me :lol: )
Brooke

Katia 08-15-2010 09:51 AM

Someone could adopt me. I am very new to quilting, even though I have sewn garments and crafts since I was a kid. This is a whole new learning curve for me.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-15-2010 09:58 AM

Come on brookmarie19 and Katia, you can be twins for me, PM any time will help if I can. If we all get stuck will ask one of the other pro's !!
:)

Maksi 08-15-2010 09:59 AM

Well I like to be adopted too. I'm quilting from 2008 but don't have so much experience because most of the time I work by hand. And I want to do all my projects at the same time and thats why my work is not as neat as it should be. I want to improve my skills and also my machine sewing skills.