Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who still needs to b e adopted? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-still-needs-b-e-adopted-t59476.html)

lovequiltedstars 08-16-2010 07:31 AM

I would like to be e adopted.

kclausing 08-16-2010 09:05 AM

I would like to be adopted.

Ann63 08-16-2010 09:13 AM

I am new to traditional quilting and need to be adopted. I have finished a quilt top but have not quilted it yet. I have made several denim and flannel quilts but those are easy because they do not have to be quilted.

wildyard 08-16-2010 09:19 AM

I would like to be adopted. I started quilting this spring, and am a beginner, except for some past experience under the guiding hand of my DSIL. This is my first on my own efforts.
I am doing the row of the month, from Claudia's, and working on quilts for my children and grandchildren. Mostly still collecting fabrics for those.

janethagy 08-16-2010 09:44 AM

I would like to be adopted.. I have done some quilts for the family but still have questions. Would like to learn how to FMQ and binding is a nightmare for me..Thanks

valleycity 08-16-2010 09:48 AM

I would love to be adopted as well. I certainly could use the help. Thank you. This is the greatest site.

Ms. Shawn 08-16-2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
In July, a thread was posted about adopting a new quilter as a quilting mother or buddy? I know there were LOTS of posts. I was wondering if everyone found a match with another quilter or are there still those out there who could use a buddy. I would like to get a list together of those who need help or a buddy and one for those who are available to be a buddy. How does that sound? Would everyone work with me?

I am available for adoption!!Please!!! pm me
Ms. Shawn :XD: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

dphelps 08-16-2010 02:57 PM

Wow, so many of you have responded and I have all of you on a list of either ADOPTER or ADOPTEE. Believe me, there are more wanting to be adopted than those of you willing to adopt a quilting buddy. Come on aand through your name in one way or the other. I had hoped to match up with others in the same area but that is not easy. I will do the best I can though. Hang in there. Donna

ReRe 08-16-2010 05:56 PM

I've been adopted. Mswordwiz has adopted me to teach me what I don't know about quilting. There is lots I don't know and she is willing to teach me. She is so good. I have seen lots of her work and I can only DREAM to quilt anywhere near as good as she does. So not only have I acquired a quilting daughter but I have acquired a quilting mommy as well! Ya! Ya! Ya!

nlgh 08-16-2010 06:10 PM

I am availble for adopting as I'm a new quilter. But I have a group in my town that was started last year to teach quilting, so I am not desperate. It would just be nice to chat once in awhile, though, with someone from the board.
I need more help with utilizing the tools on the board than with the quilting--posting pics, and links, and starting a new topic, etc.