Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who are your favorite designers (fabric or patterns)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-your-favorite-designers-fabric-patterns-t212539.html)

Teeler 01-31-2013 08:47 AM

Who are your favorite designers (fabric or patterns)?

I don't know designers/pattern makers yet, and would love to add to my (very short) list.

Who are YOUR favorite designers, and what about them makes them your fave? Do they focus on modern/contemporary design, classic patterns, novelty prints, cartoony prints, brights, nature, or something entirely different?
If pattern designers, are they easy to understand, or do you love the challenge of their work?

inspectorcmm 01-31-2013 08:57 AM

Pam Bono is one of my favorites because of her easy to follow instuctions, easy pieced patterns and such a variety of designs. I love her childrens quilts, flowers, and contemporary designs. She has a new village pattern I greatly admire.

quiltstringz 01-31-2013 09:07 AM

I like several: Debbie Maddy (Calico Carriage) probably in the traditional line, she always has some interesting designs and her patterns are easy but don't really look it; Julie Herman (Jaybird Designs) more modern but I love her new Hex N More ruler and patterns; Edyta Sitar (Laundy Basket Quilts) very traditional but beautiful quilts; Masha McCloskey traditional - a lot of her stuff makes you look at things a different way, she leads you in some of her books to putting your own spin on things. Many more but this week I would say those are my tops.

quiltstringz 01-31-2013 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by inspectorcmm (Post 5827497)
Pam Bono is one of my favorites because of her easy to follow instuctions, easy pieced patterns and such a variety of designs. I love her childrens quilts, flowers, and contemporary designs. She has a new village pattern I greatly admire.

Oh yes I love her too! where did you see her new Village Pattern? It is hard to find some of her stuff unless you belong to her club ($39/yr) and I am not sure it would be worth that.

sewmary 01-31-2013 09:43 AM

Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr for their patterns, magazine, and now fabric. They do modern quilts.

sewmary 01-31-2013 09:44 AM

Oh and Marcia Derst for her hand-dyed fabrics - she is now designing for one of the big companies but forget which.

Teeler 01-31-2013 09:52 AM

I'm sitting over at RJR at the moment and realizing that I have an affinity toward watercolor, botanicals, and florals. Loving Sue Beevers, Debbie Beaves, and Henry Glass!
I could look at a Monet for hours...maybe that's why I love these.

BellaBoo 01-31-2013 10:34 AM

Jenny Doan, Debbie Maddy, and Pam Bono for easy pattern quilts. Bonnie Hunter and Judy Martin patterns for scrap quilts.

MadQuilter 01-31-2013 10:36 AM

McKenna Ryan has the most delicious patterns that are quite realistic. Expensive but beautiful.

BellaBoo 01-31-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz (Post 5827542)
Oh yes I love her too! where did you see her new Village Pattern? It is hard to find some of her stuff unless you belong to her club ($39/yr) and I am not sure it would be worth that.

I'm a member of Pam's Club. A lot of her patterns are free to members and half price or less if not free. The village pattern is My Kind of Town, the Church block is free and the other blocks are about $1.50 each for members and about $4 for nonmembers.