Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Whoopee and Yahoo, Now I Have One Too! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whoopee-yahoo-now-i-have-one-too-t118266.html)

quiltingcousin 04-23-2011 12:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ever since I joined the board I have been reading of the joys in owning a "featherweight." After seeing some of the ladies in my quilt classes with theirs, I decided I must have one. I purchased my featherweight on Ebay and she came in like new condition with original manual, all accessories, needles, etc. I am happy to report the seller shipped with great care and marked the box specifically (see photo below). My mail carrier brought it to the door like she was delivering fine china.

My little gem arrived yesterday and I am thrilled beyond words. She is a 1951 Centennial and I have named her "Sophie" in honor of my dear English Nana who taught me as a young girl how to Knit and Sew. I wonder if she knew or could have envisioned how many wonderful hours I would spend using the skills she gave me. Without further ado here's my new little gal.

Sophie in all her glory.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188055[/ATTACH]

She came with everything and more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188056[/ATTACH]

Centennial Seal
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188057[/ATTACH]

Sophie's Womb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188093[/ATTACH]

MamaBear61 04-23-2011 12:17 PM

Welcome to the club. You and Sophie are going to be very happy for many years.

sustraley 04-23-2011 12:18 PM

She is gorgeous!!

Melrose R 04-23-2011 12:19 PM

Sophia is beautiful! So shiny & new looking. Have fun getting to know each other.

texas granny 04-23-2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcousin
Ever since I joined the board I have been reading of the joys in owning a "featherweight." After seeing some of the ladies in my quilt classes with theirs, I decided I must have one. I purchased my featherweight on Ebay and she came in like new condition with original manual, all accessories, needles, etc. I am happy to report the seller shipped with great care and marked the box specifically (see photo below). My mail carrier brought it to the door like she was delivering fine china.

My little gem arrived yesterday and I am thrilled beyond words. She is a 1951 Centennial and I have named her "Sophie" in honor of my dear English Nana who taught me as a young girl how to Knit and Sew. I wonder if she knew or could have envisioned how many wonderful hours I would spend using the skills she gave me. Without further ado here's my new little gal.

Welcome to the FW club. I'm taking a mini workshop next month on the care and cleaning of your FW. This quilter will take us through the taking apart and oiling and putting back together. I hope you enjoy yours like I do mine.

Maia B 04-23-2011 12:27 PM

Congrats and warm welcome to FW ownership! Smart of you to buy a Centennial first. I have 3 FWs b/c I realized I wanted an extra special one. My Centennial is the only one with the scroll face plate. Love them so, never get bored of pics. Thx for sharing! Enjoy your new treasure!

BeeNana 04-23-2011 12:31 PM

I am so excited for you. It will be a good friend for a long time. There is nothing to replace them for durability and longevity.

SueDor 04-23-2011 12:35 PM

Pretty!

spinnergs 04-23-2011 12:38 PM

Just plain green here!

Scrap Happy 04-23-2011 12:53 PM

Congratulations!! She is beautiful. You will enjoy sewing with her, welcome to the wonderful world of FW’s.