Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who's done this?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whos-done-t90381.html)

Airwick156 01-14-2011 07:29 AM

I am sitting here at my computer desk, pushed my monitor as far back on the desk as it can go and to the right, put the keyboard there too as far back as it can go. Pushed aside everything that sits on my desk top, make sure the computer has this quilt board up, makes sure that the computer monitor doesn't get in the way of me viewing the TV. Turn off the phone ringer, and put my sewing machine on the desk and start sewing..All the while, reading posts, watching TV, watching the clock (I take my medications the same time every day) and listening to my belly grumbling because it is empty? Well, I did get all of the triangles sewn together for the quilt I am working on which is what I wanted to do. My husband and the two little dogs are upstairs sleeping...can hear hubby snoring away.So all is calm in the house for now. But I'm sure it won't be too long before they wake up and "demand" to be taken out to potty, for me to make breakfast, etc. etc. LOL. But I love them dearly. ;)

Grama Lehr 01-14-2011 07:33 AM

WOW! Talk about making the most out of your morning!! :shock: How can you watch TV and the computer and sew??

erstan947 01-14-2011 07:34 AM

Sounds like my sewing room set up. I can sew and check the board without moving. Live is good:)

charmpacksplus 01-14-2011 07:34 AM

Be careful not to sew your fingers!

hobo2000 01-14-2011 07:34 AM

You are officially the "Multi-tasking Queen" . You rock lady!

feline fanatic 01-14-2011 07:37 AM

Not me!! My sewing room has no TV, no 'puter and most of the time I don't even bother with putting a CD into the CD player for music. When I sew I give it my undivided attention.

Now handquilting I do in our living room and I can do that while the TV is on. I listen but don't watch while I am quilting. If something interesting is on the TV I stop to take my eyes off the quilt and watch. But for the most part I am not good at multi-tasking like that. Even as a kid, I could not study and listen to music at the same time, let alone have a TV on.

Airwick156 01-14-2011 07:58 AM

I am not sure how I can do it really especially since I can not sew and talk at the same time. And I am not a "hand talker" either. :)

2 Doods 01-14-2011 08:00 AM

I have an old laptop that sits by my sewing machine and a TV in the corner of the room but turning off the phone---gotta do that! Either that or get a portable for my room. I hate running for the phone!

Airwick156 01-14-2011 08:06 AM

Never fails, if I don't turn the phone off, it will ring constantly when I'm wanting to sew. And 99 % of the calls are telemarketers!!!
Leave the phone on when I'm NOT sewing and it won't ring for days. Go Figure!!!

amma 01-14-2011 08:56 AM

You GO Girl!! What a set up :D:D:D