Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why, oh why, did I wait (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-oh-why-did-i-wait-t84323.html)

HisPatchwork 12-23-2010 05:48 AM

I do the same thing! :oops:

Riversong 12-23-2010 05:49 AM

Always think "Christmas in July" ladies!! LOL!!

Sweeterthanwine 12-23-2010 09:30 AM

The one I am working on for my son for Christmas didn't get finished. What I did was take a picture of it and put it in his Christmas present and said he will get it early part of next year.

Gabrielle's Mimi 12-23-2010 11:46 AM

If it makes you feel any better, Mary and Joseph weren't ready for the first Christmas either!!!!

Sweeterthanwine 12-23-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
If it makes you feel any better, Mary and Joseph weren't ready for the first Christmas either!!!!

Amen

GailG 12-23-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine

Amen

We oftentimes forget that it is most important that we get our hearts ready for the Christchild.

IrishNY 12-23-2010 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Riversong
Always think "Christmas in July" ladies!! LOL!!

I cannot imagine thinking about Christmas in July. Christmas comes around too fast for me even when I think about it only in December - I can't imagine shortening the cycle voluntarily. :shock:

SC 12-24-2010 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by GailG

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine

Amen

We oftentimes forget that it is most important that we get our hearts ready for the Christchild.

Thank you for the reminder. I still haven't finished all the placemats; I need to run to town to pick up a few last minute things, go to the grocery store, etc. But I got up this morning & remembered several cards I have been meaning to send to people who are in the hospital & not able to enjoy the holidays at home. All the other "stuff" will wait. I'm getting those cards finished & mailed/delivered this morning before I do anything else. Again, thanks for the reminder!

eaglebeak1960 12-24-2010 08:13 AM

I made a quilt for my MIL she did not get it till last year was a ufo for about 2 years. I really had a bad case of procrastination trying to get it done. It needed to be chrocheted. I do not like that well this year I only made her a quilted tote. She LOVES em both (lives across country) dont beat your self up we all procrastinate. Me I am the worse at it,

Take it easy Happy Holidays

GailG 12-24-2010 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by eaglebeak1960
I made a quilt for my MIL she did not get it till last year was a ufo for about 2 years. I really had a bad case of procrastination trying to get it done. It needed to be chrocheted. I do not like that well this year I only made her a quilted tote. She LOVES em both (lives across country) dont beat your self up we all procrastinate. Me I am the worse at it,

Take it easy Happy Holidays

I'm a BIG PROCRASTINATOR! I really think that I procrastinate when I have a difficult task ahead of me. I'm not one that can just dive into something that I don't like to do or something that I find difficult. I think that if I can just build up more steam, then maybe I can tackle it. So I put it off hoping for a time when I will feel more self-confident. I know that is a very immature outlook, but it's how I am. OR -- am I just lazy?

:lol:

Christmas is finally here!! Soon our WIPs will be UFOs. Merry Christmas.