Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why we quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-we-quilt-t160694.html)

Cybrarian 10-16-2011 03:43 AM

It is comforting to get on here and see what you are feeling in someone else's words. I've been in a slump, by the time I get home and do all that needs doing I've been too tired most days to convince myself to even go in my sewing room. Same on weekends. Hoping to climb out of slump soon!

Phannie1 10-16-2011 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
Have had a rough couple of months quilting, to the point I swore I was going to ebay all my fabric. Too burned out from a 40 hr job to have the patience, concentration or creativity to enjoy any of it. Nevertheless, today delivered a lap quilt to husband's cousin who is just starting chemotherapy. She said "this is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me". I guess I needed to hear that and it gave me a fresh perspective. Think I'll start a new project tomorrow.

Sometimes doing something nice for someone else, puts our lives in perspective. I hope you have a nice week and your husband's cousin gets better too.

sewmorethings 10-16-2011 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
I'm in a quilting slump. Just need to figure out who will get the next quilt and then I know, I just know, everything will fall into place. The pattern, the fab. the quilting. Just need to find that special person. {maybe DH?}

I'm special, you can make one for me.........lol

quilts4charity 10-16-2011 04:22 AM

Amen, that is certainly a reason to continue...I sew many,many quilts for charity and people pish, posh and wonder why...my response is.."If all I do only makes a difference in one life, who are we to put a price on that???"
I sew each one I do with love and prayers that whomever receives it will feel that love and caring and I beleive it's so.

nabobw 10-16-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cherylsea
It is so nice when doing something nice is appreciated! Good for you.

Yes that says it all.

fayzer 10-16-2011 06:04 AM

I stopped sewing for six years. Last year my good friend, who is a quilter inspired me to start sewing again. I am so glad I didn't get rid of all my stuff. Of course the knits and junk like that, I DID get rid of. Don't fret for taking a break. One day you will want to start sewing again in earnest.

catladyquilts 10-16-2011 06:34 AM

for me, coming home after a "very frustrating" day at work sewing was my release. I could sew and sew and it would make me forget about the lousy day and give me the patience to start the next day knowing it wasn't going to be any better - now I'm retired and I don't seem to sew as much as before. a lot less stress in my life

Rose Marie 10-16-2011 06:41 AM

When in a slump making baby quilts cheers me up. They are so cute. Lots of charities for babies out there.
Keep them on hand for when needed also. Seems baby showers crop up often.

quiltmom04 10-16-2011 06:50 AM

I quilt because I love the process, the fabrics and the quilts. If I give one to someone and they're thrilled, that's a bonus. Also, I hope someday, someone says "My great-great grandmother made this is 2011!" :)

grumpy90650 10-16-2011 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
I'm glad you feel better.

hey faye, i love this saying, thanks for sharing...