Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   willow quilts pattern??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/willow-quilts-pattern-t277702.html)

quiltlady1941 04-12-2016 09:09 PM

willow quilts pattern???

has anyone made one of these quilts using one of there Laser cut designs? How did it turn out ? Thanks

www.willowbendcreations.com

DOTTYMO 04-12-2016 10:22 PM

It looks fascinating I think I would have a go.

sewbizgirl 04-12-2016 10:42 PM

Those are beautiful!

Bree123 04-13-2016 01:13 AM

They just use Steam a Seam fusible web. If you plan to just do a wall hanging with them, they should make for a lovely little wall quilt.

If you plan to make a bed/lap quilt out of it, know it will take a lot of time to go around all those tiny pieces. A lady in my applique group got some. They look really nice, but she is very proficient at applique & it was taking her quite a long time. In order to get into all those tiny detailed areas, her stitch length/width was 1/8" (scant 1/8" in some areas). She did hers by hand. I'm not really sure how one could manage that level of detail on a machine unless maybe it was a computerized machine that scanned & stitched the whole thing for you.

Steam a Seam should hold it together reasonably well on its own if you're not washing it. Just give it a vacuum once a month & you should be good to go. They really are lovely designs.

ManiacQuilter2 04-13-2016 04:39 AM

I would suggest trying one of the smaller ones before trying a big one. They are very beautiful.

cashs_mom 04-13-2016 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123 (Post 7521953)
They just use Steam a Seam fusible web. If you plan to just do a wall hanging with them, they should make for a lovely little wall quilt.

If you plan to make a bed/lap quilt out of it, know it will take a lot of time to go around all those tiny pieces. A lady in my applique group got some. They look really nice, but she is very proficient at applique & it was taking her quite a long time. In order to get into all those tiny detailed areas, her stitch length/width was 1/8" (scant 1/8" in some areas). She did hers by hand. I'm not really sure how one could manage that level of detail on a machine unless maybe it was a computerized machine that scanned & stitched the whole thing for you.

Steam a Seam should hold it together reasonably well on its own if you're not washing it. Just give it a vacuum once a month & you should be good to go. They really are lovely designs.

I was thinking the same.

Terry in the ADK 04-13-2016 10:05 AM

I love this company. I ordered some to make pillows . One done so far...yes it took some time but I just did raw edge applique on my featherweight with a "big foot" open toe attachment.
This company is run by a couple from Alaska who have wonderful customer service.

nanacc 04-13-2016 03:40 PM

I did one of the bears for my DGS many years ago. Not a laser cut..did my own cutting. It was a great hit! The pic was posted by me.

nanacc 04-13-2016 03:44 PM

I did one of the bears for my DGS many years ago. Not a laser cut..did my own cutting. It was a great hit! The pic was posted by me. (Bear for my Bear post)

quiltlady1941 04-13-2016 05:29 PM

Thanks ladies, I guess I will have to pass on this, maybe when I get better at appliqué I'll try one, they do really look great.. I love the horse and little girls but it sure did have a lot of little places to stitch around.. guess I'll just have to put this in my wish folder for later.. Thanks for your help before I jumped in...