Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP List (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wip-list-t18638.html)

k3n 04-07-2009 02:14 AM

I meant to say - if anyone else has the time or inclination to post THEIR WIP list - I'd love to see it! Go on! I showed you mine!

K x :D

pocoellie 04-07-2009 03:57 AM

Loved seeing your WIPs. Great job on all of them. I don't have pictures yet of my WIPs, but I'll tell you about them.

1- oversized king Triple Irish Chain- started about a year ago, blocks are done, quilting is as you go, have 25 blocks to baste

2- snow ball quilt- top is finished, just need to sandwich and quilt. I thought I had actually finished this about 5 years ago.LOL

3- watercolor log cabin-started about 2 1/2 years ago. Got delayed because of packing up the house so we could sell.

4- Asian type quilt with kimonos, fans, lanterns, etc., paper pieced, started about 3 weeks ago, have 2 blocks done. This will be for a very dear Japanese friend.

I have 6 more planned, with the fabric, but will have to finish these before I can start them, since I no longer have a huge (500 sq. ft) sewing room.
Will try to post pictures later today.

k3n 04-07-2009 04:13 AM

Look forward to that pocoellie - I especially like the sound of the Japanese one! The problem with seeing other people's WIPs is it's a dangerous way of creating more of my own - everything I see and like, I want to make myself! LOL

tlrnhi 04-07-2009 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Look forward to that pocoellie - I especially like the sound of the Japanese one! The problem with seeing other people's WIPs is it's a dangerous way of creating more of my own - everything I see and like, I want to make myself! LOL

Blue and white fabric - haven't come up with a pattern yet but when I do IF any is left over, I know a girl on a pebble who might like it!

That's what I do...I see someone make something and add it to my list.

A girl on a pebble? Wonder who that could be? lol

Sharon M 04-07-2009 04:42 AM

you do such beautiful work :!: I really love love love the Dutch chintz stars :D :D
Personally I like having several WIP's going on, when you get tired of one or need to step back for a while you have something else you can work on.
I wish you fun marking off each one of your WIP's

Mousie 04-07-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I meant to say - if anyone else has the time or inclination to post THEIR WIP list - I'd love to see it! Go on! I showed you mine!

K x :D

Mpeters, started a thread, back in Feb? or early March, called, "what's next?...and a corresponding one on picutes, called: "What's next in Pictures?", that I have been posting on for at least two months. When she mentioned it, I thought it was a great way, for me to list my WIP'S and keep going back to keep up with progress. It has helped me stay on track, a lot, and is very encouraging. Just thought I would let you know if you are interested. :D

Barbm 04-07-2009 04:50 AM

I made a list on New Year's Day- 22 items, in order of importance. 2 per month, easy, or so I thought. These are WIPs, gifts for throughout the year and prizes for raffles and showers. An item on the list may mean multiple items- such as 6 tote bags for the bride & attendants.

I have 2 marked off (OK jan. done) and 2 in process. Wrote in 2 more on the side, back up to 22. Shoved in 2 surprise baby quilts for gifts (people asked and they were easy, but I wasn't going to these showers- made money for stash :) ).

Today I will mark off 2 more "promises" and keep plugging away at the shower prizes. I'm making 7 items- 2 grocery bags, 2 table runners, 2 trivets, 2 potholders and coaster sets and 1 casserole carrier. Hoping to have these items done 1 one week. I have 1 runner top done and I really like- why do I have a hard time parting with stuff? I love it all!!! I exempted myself from the games since I'm the Mom of the bride.

When I go home, I'll get the list off the wall and post it. Maybe seeing it in black & white will get my butt in gear to get another one done. (I keep in the back of my mind what I learned here- it's OK to give a wedding gift 1 year later)

Tiffany 04-07-2009 04:51 AM

There is absolutely NO WAY I am going to post all my UFO's. I was sitting in a meeting one day for my local guild and one of the gals pops off with "I have 34 UFOs." *Huh,* I thought to myself. *I bet I have that many.* As if it were a competition or something. :roll: So I went home and grabbd a 5x7" index card and began listing all the UFOs I could find or think of. An hour passed and I had filled up the entire front of the post card and most of the back. Uh oh, this doesn't look good. A little while later I had run out of room on the index card, which now holds 76 UFOs. Yes, you read the number correctly. What is worse, hubby later brought me a few more boxes from storage (we've moved a lot in the past 10 years) and I found another dozen or more. Ack! So I have been working on finishing up a few of them. I set a rule for myself, I finish 3 UFOs before I allow myself to start on something new. :lol:

GailG 04-07-2009 05:02 AM

k3n, since you were brave and bold enough :lol: to expose your WIP list, I will ask you a very "personal" question. How many hours per day do you actually work on your quilting projects? -- planning, cutting, sewing, pressing. Do you ever sleep? :lol: You've got some very nice fabrics there and some great work.

k3n 04-07-2009 05:21 AM

QNC - :oops: I did know about mpeters' thread, I think I've even posted there myself - shouldv'e posted over there instead of starting a new one! Sorry - I sometimes leap before I look!

Tiffany wow 76! What a great achievement to have started so many projects, you should be proud of yourself (no, I'm not being sarcastic - I really mean it :D )

Gail - my DH works away 2 or 3 days a week and my kids are at school 4 days from 8.40am til 4.40pm so I fit in around them all! When Hans is away, I sew all evening. Even when he's here, I sit with him on the couch and hand sew - he likes TV, I'm not keen so this way we're both happy! Also depends on the weather - at this time of year, if it's fine, I garden; Today it's raining so I'm sewing! :D I'm lucky that unlike some ladies, I don't have a day job!

K x

PS Also, I'm not the world's best housewife! As long as the kitchen and bathroom are clean and everyone has good food and clean clothes - I figure my job is done! :D