Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wish I could see the contents :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wish-i-could-see-contents-t64759.html)

luv-e 09-14-2010 05:44 PM

I just told DH this evening that I DIDN"T want to renew my F&P @ the end of the yr.[He always get it for Christmas]
I received the BH&G and going to try it.?? I've liked it in the past. DH said the same thing about the plastic, are they Playboy??? lol lol

Rosyhf 09-14-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I was out shopping yesterday and saw a few new magazine issues - and they were sealed in plastic so you could not leaf through them. .... so I figured I could check online... but nooOOOOoooo.... Fons and Porter doesn't show preview pics

There were 2 other magazines that were wrapped up in plastic and I forgot which ones they were....

I always like to leaf through them to see if I want them - and on occasion I've bought them - although I'm still upset that I actually misplaced one I bought 2 winters ago and now I'm ready to make the project and can't find it lol. I'm determined to find that magazine!!!

Is anyone else annoyed that you can't see a preview of the quilts inside a magazine?? I can't be the only one...

I politely and carefull open the plastic and look at the mag to see if it's worth buying. I am not buying a pig in the poke. hahahahahha

amandasgramma 09-14-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
I just told DH this evening that I DIDN"T want to renew my F&P @ the end of the yr.[He always get it for Christmas]
I received the BH&G and going to try it.?? I've liked it in the past. DH said the same thing about the plastic, are they Playboy??? lol lol

I actually like the BH&G better than F&P.... :-D

UglyCook 09-14-2010 06:48 PM

I wonder if they went to that because people were ripping out the pages they wanted? Just a thought.

trisha 09-14-2010 07:41 PM

I was in Joanns yesterday and it was the first time I saw the F&P mag not in plastic wrap. maybe they are wising up.

Yarn or Fabric 09-15-2010 03:14 AM

I'm thinking of getting the American Patchwork quilting magazine as well. I got an offer in the mail for two years for the price of one and some book with quilting tips that I will probably look through once and put it on the shelf to take up space lol.

CarrieAnne 09-15-2010 03:27 AM

I noticed the other day in JoAnns, ALOT of their new magazines are wrapped in plastic. Some had small little FREE items. Couldnt they just plastic over the free item so you could still peek inside, lol?

ptquilts 09-15-2010 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Who do they think they are --- Playboy??? ;-)

ROFL!! Of course some of us react to quilt pics the way guys react to Playboy - and it's tough to sell a mag with drool marks...

loopywren 09-15-2010 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I confess, it irritates me so much, I've been known to open the plastic and look........ :oops: ;-) I don't tear it up....I do it so I can put it back. If they want to sell to me, I'm looking.... Haven't been thrown out of a store yet!

Me too if I think I may want to buy it.Like you I am careful though. Perhaps if enough people did that, sealing them in polythene may stop.

dgmoby 09-15-2010 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I confess, it irritates me so much, I've been known to open the plastic and look........ :oops: ;-) I don't tear it up....I do it so I can put it back. If they want to sell to me, I'm looking.... Haven't been thrown out of a store yet!

Oh, OK...me, too :)

And I don't buy ones wrapped in plastic. Too many times I was so disappointed in the contents, that I simply refuse to buy them anymore. But if I'm really curious, I will cheat and look inside - although I do prefer to find one that someone else has opened!