Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Withdrawals.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/withdrawals-t275643.html)

LTeachergeorge 02-12-2016 06:20 PM

I can't imagine having a Diamond and not using it!! I have an SE and a Sapphire. When one goes in for something, I sew on the other and I love the one I'm using at the time the best! LOL!

Linda in Missouri

jmoore 02-13-2016 03:52 AM

When I purchased my Janome 6600 about 4 years ago, I thought it was way more machine than I would ever need... then I upgraded to the 8900 (just had to have it) but my 6600 is my "go to" machine so I have only used the 8900 a couple of times.

Jcarpentier 02-13-2016 04:08 AM

Yes! I have my favorite machine and she is an old White from the 1950s that sews straight and reverse stitch and that's about it. Love her for piecing. She was my first sewing machine. I also have a Brother but as you said it doesn't feel right. Hope you get your baby back soon!

MaryKatherine 02-13-2016 04:20 AM

We have a very busy repairman. Fortunately you can "book" a repair visit, like an appointment so you don't really need to let your machine go until a day or so before the work is done. That doesn't help if there is a problem and it won't work, but if its just for a tune up etc it works well.

Chris G 02-13-2016 06:32 AM

Actually, yes! I relate to sewing machine detachment. I always feel that a part of 'me' is missing...not much different from when I left my kids with relatives when DH and I would get away for a weekend.

jamsbuying 02-13-2016 06:52 AM

Deep, deep breath!

DivaDee 02-13-2016 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 7463467)
When I had to use my backup machine I realized how small its throat is and how bad the lighting is. Then I got to the end of the seam and there was no scissor button. I just about had a kanipshen (so I understand what you are saying) - how am I going to get that thread cut????? I momentarily panicked until common sense stepped in and I reached for my scissors. lol

I remember way back when, my dishwasher broke, couldn't get a repair person there for several days. I also briefly panicked about all those dirty dishes, until I realized I could fill up the sink with water. We are so spoiled. LOL

rryder 02-13-2016 08:05 AM

I feel your pain. I love all 4 of my machines and think of them as each having their special gift. When one has to go out for repair or tune up I miss it, but then I find something to do on one of the other machines...

Rob

Clmay 02-13-2016 08:46 AM

I too have a favorite. It's my 221. I do have others that I just purchased. One of them is a 99K. I haven't even tried to sew on the other 2. I am going on a trip this week and taking my fav. When I get back, I will have to try the other 2 machines.

Just sit back relax and take a couple of deep breaths. Do something else you enjoy and before you know it, your baby will be home. She does need some down time too, even it is to get repaired!

Cathy

Rose S. 02-13-2016 09:01 AM

The machine that I really, really, really love is my Juki 98Q...a straight stitch only machine. But it is wonderful. Besides it, I have an old Viking #1--not the #1+....and I use it occasionally, I have a Juki Exceed F600 that I keep upstairs and I love it, I had a Pfaff Tiptronic 1171 that I totally loved. It just sewed. Whatever you put under it, it sewed. I never thought I would find another machine I liked as well till I got the Juki 98Q. When my daughter needed a sewing machine, I let her take the Pfaff home because it just never gives any problems.