Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonderful Surprize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonderful-surprize-t9459.html)

Quilt4u 07-25-2008 01:25 AM

Six years ago I put my Viking 415 on lay away fro a birthday present for myself be cause no one would get me one that I wanted. I had tow months befor it. And I told every one all I wanted was money for it but my husban. One day he saw the lay away slip and asked about it. I told him. He thought I was buying a chep machine (because he bought me a machine that never worked.). well we went out had dinner then we stop at the shop that I had my lay away. He said he had some qustions to ask because I did not know how to buy. The next thing I kwen he took out my lay away slip and payed it off;and I still got other presents for my birthday. But the story continues. Three years after I put a serger on lay away nerer haveing one I thought it is about time I did.There was one on sail a viking not top of the line ( almost bottom so I would not be so afraid of it ). Well I gave the money to my DH to pay off the lay away and get my machine. But what he came home with was not my machine.I was so speachless. He came home with the top of the line serger the 3,000 not the 300. What a nice guy. Istill have not used it I'm afraid. I just need to sit myself down with my next quilt and use it.

tlrnhi 07-25-2008 01:32 AM

What a great hubby!
Think you can have him talk to my hubby about a longarm machine? lol
He's definitely a keeper. Way to go hubby!!!

Quilt4u 07-25-2008 01:36 AM

IT's different matter on frabic though. I have to hide it to bring it in then I tell him Ihad that.He thinks I have too much. Never.

Celeste 07-25-2008 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
IT's different matter on frabic though. I have to hide it to bring it in then I tell him Ihad that.He thinks I have too much. Never.

That is funny!

CindyBee 07-25-2008 02:26 AM

Such a touching story. You have a wonderful husband :)

reneebobby 07-25-2008 04:18 AM

Very nice story, i love when they do stuff like that. Good for you

Bevanger 07-25-2008 04:30 AM

awwwwwwwwww what an awesome hubby......

all4quilt 07-25-2008 05:28 AM

You have a keeper, there!

I'd love to see the day my DH brought a long arm home.. I have no where to put one, but it is still nice to dream!

Susan

SaraSewing 07-25-2008 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by all4quilt
You have a keeper, there!

I'd love to see the day my DH brought a long arm home.. I have no where to put one, but it is still nice to dream!

Susan

I echo your dream. But you could add to that a room big enough to hold it. While we are dreaming, go full throttle! I just don't have enough room either.

But Quilt4U, keep this man! Go to the recipe section and find an awesome dinner for him!

all4quilt 07-25-2008 11:04 AM

Okay, and while we are dreaming, how about a huge home built around that long arm quilting machine. Shoot! Let's add a pool and a tennis court. See ya got me goin' !! LOL

Susan