Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WOOHOO!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/woohoo-t62216.html)

raptureready 08-30-2010 02:27 PM

My bump and grind has worn out (I think I might have stripped the gears). I just do the Ripple dance now.

cjomomma 08-30-2010 02:29 PM

I was sitting outside and I was getting dizzy and I thought you all need to stop now. Lol

cjomomma 08-30-2010 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Hey CJ, I'll join you in the happy dance. I bought a quilting/darning foot for my Singer that's only a couple of years old right before it bit the dust. I just today discovered that it will fit on my vintage Singer just fine and I can lower the feed dogs and FM quilt on that old Babe! Now we can happy dance together. Now that I think about it, it might be the darning foot for my Brother anyway, it doesn't matter which machine it's for, it works on my old Singer.

I love it when things like this happen.

treeseek quilter 08-30-2010 02:42 PM

I have posted this before that I am making my first quilt and it is for my oldest grandson, Zackary, who is going to be 5 yrs old next mo. I was talking to his mommy on the phone and he wanted to talk to me, so she put him on and he said, "grandma, do you have my sheet done?" I kept asking your what done (now he talks very dutch) and he said my sheet and then he asked his mommy what is it called that grandma is making me for my birthday? She told him it is a quilt...he came back on and said do you have my quilt done? It is one of those you should hear him talk. I thought it was so funny and thought I'd share it with you guys.

dkabasketlady 08-30-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
My bump and grind has worn out (I think I might have stripped the gears). I just do the Ripple dance now.

H..L, I just do the WAVE!!! I'm happy for you Carrie, now get busy on that quilt!!

cjomomma 08-30-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by treeseek quilter
I have posted this before that I am making my first quilt and it is for my oldest grandson, Zackary, who is going to be 5 yrs old next mo. I was talking to his mommy on the phone and he wanted to talk to me, so she put him on and he said, "grandma, do you have my sheet done?" I kept asking your what done (now he talks very dutch) and he said my sheet and then he asked his mommy what is it called that grandma is making me for my birthday? She told him it is a quilt...he came back on and said do you have my quilt done? It is one of those you should hear him talk. I thought it was so funny and thought I'd share it with you guys.

That is so cute. Thank you for sharing it. Sheet I know what you thought he was saying. Lol

nwm50 08-30-2010 04:03 PM

That is cute ...when little kids say things that is easily mis-understood. Ok carrie....our hips can only take so much jiggling...i think the U.S. thought an earthquake was happening somewhere! LOL

nana pat 08-30-2010 06:32 PM

"The Ripple", is that like a stadium full of little people doing the wave? :lol: :oops: :twisted: :roll:

sueisallaboutquilts 08-30-2010 07:07 PM

Carrie, I missed all the fun, well, sorta. I spent a lot of time today in the fabric store :D
I'm tired so I'll join in the dancing tomorrow lol :D

cjomomma 08-30-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Carrie, I missed all the fun, well, sorta. I spent a lot of time today in the fabric store :D
I'm tired so I'll join in the dancing tomorrow lol :D

It does sound like you had fun today. I better feel some earth shaking from you tomorrow!!!