Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Working with fusible batting. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/working-fusible-batting-t82467.html)

vintagemotif 12-12-2010 07:58 PM

I'm presently, working with June Taylor's fusible batting and it is the worst product I have ever used. I have spent over an hour trying to get this stuff to work. This product is a total waste of time. I have iron and re-ironed and re-ironed sections. I had much better results when I used Fusi-boo batting. Plus the Fusi-boo felt so much better.
My all time favorite is 505 spray, fast to spray on with great results. I guess I'm going to have to pin now since I don't have any 505 in the house. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent my frustrations since I'm working on a birthday gift that I was hoping to get out in the mail tomorrow.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-12-2010 08:17 PM

Glad you vented- hope it helped!
I hated that stuff too :(

vintagemotif 12-12-2010 08:30 PM

Thanks! I think if I were to spray Elmers glue mix with water on a batting and quickly iron the sandwiched batting that would work better than this non fusible batting. Ok, back to pinning.:(

Tropical 12-12-2010 08:43 PM

I know just how you feel I have worked with fusible fleece that just won't stick to the fabric no matter how many time I iron it. I finally end up sewing it on. So frustrating!
Sometimes we have to rant before we can move on to feeling better. :)

SherriB 12-12-2010 09:10 PM

I bought a roll of fusible Hobbs batting ( I think that is the name) at Michael's by mistake. I was afraid of messing up my quilt and returned it. I may get the courage up to try it later on.

amma 12-12-2010 09:24 PM

I don't care for fusible battings either :(

Cyn 12-12-2010 09:26 PM

Hope you feel better. I have used up all my fusibles but I rubbed the glue off or really I brushed it off.

vintagemotif 12-12-2010 09:27 PM

I'm just using 505 from here out. I was trying different fusible batting out to see which I liked the best. Hair spray would have worked better. :)I thought using fusible batting would be better for environment and my lungs. I'll just go back to opening all the windows while spraying. I wouldn't even use this stuff for small projects.

judylg 12-13-2010 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I'm just using 505 from here out. I was trying different fusible batting out to see which I liked the best. Hair spray would have worked better. :)I thought using fusible batting would be better for environment and my lungs. I'll just go back to opening all the windows while spraying. I wouldn't even use this stuff for small projects.

Thanks for posting this about the fusible batting, I really did think of trying it, but think I will not after reading about your problems. I know we try these things to make our jobs easier and quicker, not to mention it is not that cheap to use either.

Moon Holiday 12-13-2010 04:16 AM

Never tried June Taylor's fusible batting, and thanks to you I know I won't. Sorry it was such a disappointment and frustration for use. I have only used Hobbs and loved it.