Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would like help finding an Embroidery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-like-help-finding-embroidery-machine-t39311.html)

cyniree 03-12-2010 02:47 AM

I am looking to buy an Embroidery machine, and would like to hear from anyone about the pros and cons of the machines. Thanks in advance for your help.

Up North 03-12-2010 03:10 AM

How much to you want to spend and do you want an embroidery only machine?

mic-pa 03-12-2010 05:38 AM

Go to a dealer you can trust and they will show you many models. Make a list of what you want in a machine and try them out. I have two Janome embroidery machines and I love them. No problem at all. However I never tried anything else. And there are a lot of other machines out there. Take you time an research. Marge

LindaR 03-12-2010 06:21 AM

one thing I regret is not going for the big hoop from the beginning, at least 8 x 12

Candace 03-12-2010 07:01 AM

You can use the search feature above and put in certain machine names and read what people have said about them. I used that function a lot when I was researching what machine to buy.

crashnquilt 03-12-2010 07:16 AM

I have a Janome 300E and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I've had it for about 3 years now and have never had a machine problem. I like having separate machines because I can sew on one machine and embroider on the other.

Pros: Up to Gigahoop size embroidery, easy to use, quiet, nice built in embroideries, 3 fonts, a real workhorse.

Cons: No thread cutter

For this machine, and it's sister machine the 350E, I STRONGLY suggest getting a wraparound table to help stabilize the hoop.

My only regret is I wish I had bought the 350E instead.

Hope this helps.

cyniree 03-12-2010 10:55 AM

Thank you everyone for your help. Price is not an issue, just want a good machine.

quilter1 03-12-2010 11:10 AM

No contest for me, get a Bernina 830- an amazing machine!!

sandiphi 03-12-2010 11:22 AM

I love my Husqvarna viking Designer 1. It has a thread cutter, but it has a whole lot of other stitches too. It not only embroiders but sews button holes, decorative stitches, heirloom stitches, applique stitches, quilting stitches, etc, etc. It has a touch screen. It also has the sensor foot, where when you stop sewing and the needle is in the down position, the foot lifts up slightly so you can move the fabric or do whatever you need to do. It also can be operatated without a foot pedal just by pressing the stop/go button. I am sure there are other options that I am forgetting, but those are a few of the highlights. I have had it for about 6 years and haven't had any problems with it at all. I know there is a newer version of the machine and I am sure that model has many more options than mine does. Good luck, try many models before settling.

Sandi

memathomas 03-12-2010 02:22 PM

i also have a memory craft w thread cutter and the newest one has every thing and i love it its a combo machine it's expensive though but worth it
mema