Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you buy books w / hi-liter in them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-buy-books-w-hi-liter-them-t40086.html)

fabric-holic 03-20-2010 06:24 AM

I have several quilt books and/or patterns that I don't have room for anymore.
Alot of them, unfortunately, have hi-lights, or pencil marks, etc in them to help me follow a pattern, or the previous owner wrote in them, but some remain unmarked if I only looked through them.
Would anyone still be interested in the marked ones if the price were right plus s&h?
(Personally, previous markings drive me crazy. I bought only new books when I was in college..lol)
Some are pre-rotary cutter / strip piecing too. Are those too old for any interest?
All payments would go through Paypal.

Rebecca VLQ 03-20-2010 07:03 AM

Yup. Absolutely. :D

Ninnie 03-20-2010 07:05 AM

I collect all kinds of quilting books, just don't use pay pal
Amazon sells used books all the time, and they are at a such a great price, I just can't resist LOL

bodie358 03-20-2010 08:01 AM

Yes, I would. Just make sure to put that there is highlighting in the books description so that potential buyers are aware of it.

knlsmith 03-20-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Amazon sells used books all the time, and they are at a such a great price, I just can't resist LOL

What's wrong with paypal? Have you had a bad experience?

IMHO it is WAY safer than sending someone a check with your routing and account numbers. I have used paypal for over 10 years and never had a problem. I buy and sell things. You can get your money faster because once the person pays you, you can transfer to your bank account online. Then after it has cleared through your bank you know it is safe to mail the merchandise.

Lacelady 03-20-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by Ninnie

What's wrong with paypal? Have you had a bad experience?

IMHO it is WAY safer than sending someone a check with your routing and account numbers. I have used paypal for over 10 years and never had a problem. I buy and sell things. You can get your money faster because once the person pays you, you can transfer to your bank account online. Then after it has cleared through your bank you know it is safe to mail the merchandise.

I've only had good experiences with Pay Pal. I had two disputes, where sellers didn't mail my goods, and got my money back both times - it wouldn't have worked that way had I paid with cheques.

LindaR 03-20-2010 09:11 AM

If I wanted the book sure

fabric-holic 03-20-2010 09:25 AM

OK!
I'll get started making a list and posting them.
I have to learn how to transfer pics to here from my digital camera first. :?

knlsmith 03-20-2010 11:11 AM

Fabricholic:

I love your avatar quiilt. May I ask what the pattern is called?

sewingladydi 03-20-2010 06:51 PM

If the price was right, YEP