Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you have said anything? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-have-said-anything-t264335.html)

Sharonquilts 04-22-2015 12:33 PM

The kindest thing to do is to tell her it will not work...gently, of course. You will save her a lot of embarrassment, especially if she is giving the quilt as a gift. She would never want to give something that could not be used or fell apart after the first washing. She will probably thank you for it someday ... and if not, you still will be doing the right thing.

DresiArnaz 04-22-2015 12:35 PM

Yep, she's at the drs office right now.

I'll ask her when she gets home.

I guess it's not like I'm going to really mess it up or anything.

I could probably have the thing sorted in a jiffy

I just don't want to insult her, you know?

Painiacs 04-22-2015 02:09 PM

I hope you were able to help her, I have fibromyalgia /stroke moments and later wonder what was I thinking? Now what? Not always easy to ask for help after dumb blunders either. If her memory issues continue might suggest a drs appointment for check up

Painiacs 04-22-2015 02:10 PM

If done nicely you won't insult her, she will appreciate it, if you can involve her in the fix will help her save face and educate her.

QuiltingHaven 04-22-2015 02:17 PM

Please let us know how it goes. It is so kind of you to offer to help her and gently telling her that the batting will not work on the outside and you can easily put a backing on it or take it apart and turn it to the backing for her and then help her with the tying issue. You are a great friend to help her. We quilters always try to help when we can.

FabStripper 04-22-2015 02:33 PM

I don't understand about the batting being on the outside. ? Tell her you finally figured out what was unique about her quilt, aside from the pretty fabrics she used. Offer to help her make it look like it is supposed to look and the next time she comes to this part you can help her with it if she likes. I think that will go a long way to rope in another quilter.

geevee 04-22-2015 03:01 PM

The only way I can see her accidentally getting the batting on the outside is if she was birthing it and mistakenly put the batting between the fabric layers and then when turned right side out, there it was on the outside. Poor thing, and so nice of you to offer to fix it for her, Dresi.

psychonurse 04-22-2015 03:11 PM

Thank you for helping her. It sounds like she is sicker than she lets on. She asked for help and you are so kind to assist her.

lynnie 04-22-2015 03:58 PM

she will be so glad and forever grateful for your assistance with the quilt.

DresiArnaz 04-22-2015 04:27 PM

I don't believe it's anything other than a severe attack of COPD-at least I hope not...

The poor woman's probably just all wrung out from being down with COPD and they have her on mega prednisone doses

And yes-it was just as some of us guessed-a birthing gone wrong. I just have to flip some fabric around and stitch it back together and it will be born again!

It only took about an hour to undo

I might have it sorted before bedtime if I don't get to bogged down with household minutia.

:)