Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you!? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-t260612.html)

Patchwork Pam 02-01-2015 12:43 PM

There are long-arm quilters on this board who create masterpieces at qreat prices. I unfortunately am not one of them !!!!! LOL I only quilt for myself as I need lots of practice still. These ladies can due justice to any quilt. IMHO.

justflyingin 02-01-2015 01:54 PM

There are several on QB I'd not hestitate at all to send my quilts to. The only question is....THE POST OFFICE! I have way less confidence in the P.O. than any given long arm quilter. I'd probably ship it some other way than the USPS.

ManiacQuilter2 02-01-2015 01:58 PM

I would never send a quilt to anyone unless I had seen their work.

Ariannaquilts 02-01-2015 09:56 PM

Thanks for the responses, yes I am very aware that there are incredible longarm quilter's on this board although I am not aware of their prices , also I have a longarm quilter that does beautiful work and she is definitely reasonable again the problem is that it would cost about 250 for the 2 quilts (the quilts are about 67 x 89). At this time I'm in no position to pay for them to be quilted therefore, when I saw the ad on ebay it was so inexpensive that I considered that as an option but not before getting opinions from everyone here.

QuiltingByFiona 02-01-2015 10:21 PM

I do a lot of mail order quilts from a town that is about 2 hours drive from me. They are more than happy with my work, and keep sending their quilts to me for quilting. My turn-around is less than one week and I do them with the same amount of care and love as I do for all my customers. I would say if you haven't used them before, let them do your 'sample' quilt before you send them your masterpiece! They are probably just as concerned about meeting your expectations as you are.

Prism99 02-01-2015 10:24 PM

Can you provide a link to the quilter on eBay? Maybe someone here has used them!

peppermint31 02-02-2015 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by carla m (Post 7072750)
I normally use a local quilter to quilt my tops theres a few in my area but I did send one to a quilter here on the board. I have seen many photos of her work her name is charisma and she did an excellent job and I was very happy with her price and work. im usually in too much of a hurry to send something out that far as she lives in wa and I live in ok. I also don't trust the us mail that much as they've a lost a pkg or 2 of mine in the past. that quilt was a gift for
a company in mi my husband made it to present it at a convention, we were going to attend.
Carla m

I too have sent a quilt to her. She does AWESOME WORK!!!!

paoberle 02-02-2015 06:24 AM

I have sent several quilts to Happy Crafters and been very pleased with the results. Their prices are extremely reasonable. They have called when they have had questions or suggestions about quilting my quilt. Their turn around time has been exactly what they promised. I will not hesitate to use them again.

Roberta 02-02-2015 07:21 AM

I sent a quilt out this fall to Kansas to be quilted. It was about a twin size and she supplied the backing, batting and even the binding and I was pleased with the results. Total cost for the work was $90 and that included shipping it back to me.

Ariannaquilts 02-02-2015 07:34 AM

Okay so I checked out the HappyCrafters.Net and they definitely are the answer to what I need however, now I have 2 problems biggest problem is that I'm scared of mailing the tops (although I have done this before). Secondly I decided to try to do the quilting on my DSM and I just don't know what went wrong but I was doing a meander all of a sudden it started dragging, like I was having a really tough time moving the top. I checked everything, cleaned all visible lint out changed the needle even put the feed dogs up to clean and then back down, nothing helped. The stitches got so tiny it was nightmarish getting them out, but I did get them out only to have it happen again and again. I even tried a different machine the stitches are just so different I have done one row and the beginning of the second what should I do rip it all out and send it off? I seriously just want to have these done so I can move on to my next project. BTW I forgot to tell you the pattern is the BQ 2.