Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wouldn't it be nice??? (thread related) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wouldnt-nice-thread-related-t139156.html)

katier825 07-21-2011 03:03 AM

I love variegated threads. Wouldn't it be great if someone made variegated thread color assortments to match the precuts that the manufactures are selling? I'd love to see some designed to go with Bali Pops, Tonga Treats, etc. It surely would take the guesswork out of selecting colors, especially for people who shop mainly online.

I guess that's my random thought for the day! :)

patchsamkim 07-21-2011 03:19 AM

Nice thought...would be asking a lot of the thread companies...but they could try to keep up with all the fabric collections...sure they could!

katier825 07-21-2011 03:33 AM

I've noticed that the new Bali Pops are similar color schemes to the old ones, just new names and a little variation. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to come up with something.

krabadan 07-21-2011 05:12 AM

That's a great idea.

feline fanatic 07-21-2011 06:27 AM

Actually some thread manufacturers DO have recommendations for coordinating threads for specific lines. I'm sorry I can't remember if it was on Superiors threads site or not but I was web surfing and I came across a page that suggested which varigated King Tut threads coordinated with certain Timeless Treasures lines.

loves_2_quilt 07-21-2011 07:00 AM

Good idea, maybe one of them will take notice.

Diannia 07-21-2011 07:01 AM

I'm on the lookout for purple and lime green varigated to machine quilt with...

Diannia

BellaBoo 07-21-2011 07:13 AM

This reminds me of last year at Paducah quilt show, Hancocks of Paducah had just filled a sale table with big cones of variegated thread. I picked up one and the label was on the bottom. It was Sulky brand and only $4 a cone! I started filling my basket with one of every color blend. Two women walked over and one picked up a cone, read the label and said this is made by Bulky? and it's not 50# so we can't use it for quilting. I said it's very good thread. She said we are new quilters and we were told only to use 50# cotton thread. I said this is good for machine quilting. But they insisted their teacher said only 50# could be used. Oh well. One day they will realize what a bargain they passed up and how clueless their teacher was. LOL

eastermarie 07-21-2011 10:22 AM

BellaBoo, you know a great bargin when you see it! I would have been right there with you getting one of every color I use or though I would use.

katier825 07-21-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Actually some thread manufacturers DO have recommendations for coordinating threads for specific lines. I'm sorry I can't remember if it was on Superiors threads site or not but I was web surfing and I came across a page that suggested which varigated King Tut threads coordinated with certain Timeless Treasures lines.

Really? That would be awesome...I must research that. Thanks for the tip.