Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wow call me crazy I changed my mind!!! ( longarm) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wow-call-me-crazy-i-changed-my-mind-longarm-t191036.html)

sweetana3 06-08-2012 02:36 AM

I only took a class with the HQ16 but was impressed by how easy it was to set up, adjust, and get started. Felt comfortable right from the start.

SunlitenSmiles 06-08-2012 03:20 AM

several quilting friends have various Handiquilter products and they are very happy with the company the instruction and the service......I am sooooooooooo tempted to take the plunge

calicojoan 06-08-2012 03:22 AM

As a HQ16 owner myself, I think you will be very happy with your decision. I have no Tin Lizzie experience, but I can't speak well enough about my HQ! It's always good to listen to your gut, as it seldom leads you astray! :-)
Enjoy!

calicojoan 06-08-2012 03:24 AM

I was sold when I watched them quilt with metallic at the Houston Quilt Show. Metallic, really. Not a break to be had either. I have had mine for about 7 years now, and have never regretted my decision to purchase it! Best wishes for whatever decision you make! :-)

qwkslver 06-08-2012 03:38 AM

I bought the Sweet 16 and I haven't been a bit sorry. I like it cause I can sit and quilt (which would be a big issue for me, standing I mean). You will love it. Just a note though mine likes Superior Thread. If you go with cheaper prepare to do a lot of finagling with the tensions. I'm just going to keep mine happy with King Tut and SuperBob bobbins. Good for you!

Lavada 06-08-2012 04:11 AM

Good thinking have fun with your quilting

#1piecemaker 06-08-2012 04:18 AM

the thought of having one shipped to my home and me put it together turns me off entirely! I want someone who knows what they are doing to put mine together and show me how to run it!! I will be purchasing soon too. So, thanks for the info!

glorcour 06-08-2012 04:25 AM

I have an Avante and I am ready to give it away though Greg at HQ in Utah is very sympathetic. I have had it for one year and 4 times the bobbin hook assembly has fallen apart. I get a loud clunk, and then a needle breaks and the bobbin assembly twirls around and the bobbin only goes in vertically and of course no needle will go down.. I have travelled over 200 miles each time to get it serviced but never repaired (obviously) and I am off to the repair shop again on Monday. However, when it works, it is great. Just my bad luck I guess.

sguillot 06-08-2012 04:48 AM

If you are going to get a longarm definately buy from a dealer that will deliver and set it up for you. If it cost extra it's well worth it. I have a Nolting and there is a dealer in my area that delivered it, set it up and gave me a quick refresher lesson similar to what she did before I bought it. So stick with it you won't be sorry.

amandasgramma 06-08-2012 05:34 AM

I'm glad to hear you did that!!! My friend has a Tin Lizzy --- she has tons of problems. I have a HQ Avante (big sister to the Sweet Sixteen) and have had far less problems. I can not imagine setting up a longarm when you don't have experience at it!!!!!!!!!!! I think you'll be pleased with your purchase.