Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WOWWWEEEE WHOOPEEEE!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wowwweeee-whoopeeee-t21320.html)

Mamagus 06-14-2009 04:43 AM

When our dollar was on par with the US dollar, it was really affordable for me to shop there, but when the Canadian dollar sinks below 80cents, I put away the charge card and just window shop.

A yard is 4 inches shorter than a metre so on ten yards I lose a metre of fabric. And the cost of the fabric goes to almost 8.50 a yard for me. PLUS they charge to ship to Canada. Which I do think is a little unfair considering my orders hover around 100.00 US. I can see putting a surcharge on the order... what it costs them over and above what it would cost to ship to the most expensive place in the U.S.

But having had my little tantrum, I still LOVE the fabric. Love working with it and love the designs. Beautiful stuff... you lucky Americans!

Mamagus 06-14-2009 04:44 AM

Cynde,

Vancouver Washington I do believe... yeah they copied us! OR was it the other way around...?

sewjoyce 06-14-2009 05:31 AM

Those are a couple of beautiful kits! Please be sure and post them when you finish!!

I'm going to try out their thread.

Bevanger 06-14-2009 06:09 AM

pretty fabs......... i'm happy for you :D

Rose Marie 06-14-2009 06:30 AM

Connecting Threads is one of my favorites and buy alot from them.
Thier taste in fabric is what I like best. Mostly small prints in great colors.

RedGarnet222 06-14-2009 07:58 AM

:D Oh yeah! Good deals and great prices. Especially if you jump on a sale there. I got my Circle majic for fourty percent off a couple weeks ago, a kyoto blues lap quilt kit, and a ton of thier thread combinations (all but two sets) to replace my coats and clark thread. My neighbor threw a fit over the circle majic, so I ordered another one for her birthday last week. She is thrilled with it. Whew... I had no idea what to get her so that worked!

Shemjo 06-14-2009 09:28 AM

I'm always happy to see a little enthusiasm on this forum. :lol:

gg00se 06-14-2009 10:46 AM

No - not B.C.
their website says
We also love meeting fellow quilters. If you’re going to be in the Portland, Oregon area, please give us a call at 1-800-574-6454 between the hours of 8am and 5pm PST, Mon-Fri to arrange to visit our headquarters at 13118 N.E. 4th St., Vancouver, WA, 98684.

BellaBoo 06-14-2009 11:08 AM

I ordered 7 yards of one fabric for backing from Connecting Threads. It came and being a big folded bundle I left it folded. The fabric was beautiful and I took it to guild to ask opinions about using it for the quilt. Everyone thought it was gorgeous. Well I dropped the bundle and when picking it up I noticed it was folded right sides together. Of course we were all OH MY! The right side was absolutely beautiful. We all had a big laugh. But if the wrong side of their fabric is that nice, then that's some fabric!

Mplsgirl 06-14-2009 04:22 PM

I order from them and they are wonderful!