Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wrap 'em well quilters!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wrap-em-well-quilters-t90426.html)

natalieg 01-14-2011 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
By wrap 'em well, I'm not referring to wrapping with quilts, I am referring to your packages you send out. Like many others on the board, I buy and sell things in the classifieds. Or, should I say "overbuy"!
Recently I bought a book from Barb (frugalfabrics) and was so happy I bought from her! She placed the book in a plastic bag (I really appreciate this as my mailbox tends to get snow in it)! She then put the book into a manila envelpe and taped it shut, very well. She put tape over my address and her label and every crack and crevice. Thank goodness that she did because the following pictures are what I received a few days after she sent it out! The bag over the book kept it from getting damaged, not even a bent page! The tape over my addy was the ONLY way they said that they were able to deliver it to me, if there would not have been tape over it, it would have been destroyed!

My post man was so embarrassed! It looks like the post office decided that they should send it from MI to MT by using it as a frisbee!

Just something to think about~package them well and cross your fingers-they do stand a better chance at arriving safely!

Front....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159963[/ATTACH]

Back...well at least they didn't bend it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159964[/ATTACH]

sharon b 01-14-2011 10:24 AM

Well they didn't bend it :wink: LOL

Glad it was packaged so well :thumbup:

QuiltnCowgirl 01-14-2011 10:24 AM

Holy moly! What a mess. You are lucky the book made it through all that!

np3 01-14-2011 10:25 AM

Holy cow. I always use a plastic bag and tape over the name. (At least I try to remember to do the tape over the name.) I will keep this picture in mind when I send things and I'll never miss taping a package.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 01-14-2011 10:26 AM

If it was mailed during the Christmas rush, the post office seems to just throw packages around.

dunster 01-14-2011 10:30 AM

I can't believe it made it unharmed after that treatment!

lindy 01-14-2011 10:34 AM

Looks like they should have hand cancelled it. Shippers can request that option.

oldswimmer 01-14-2011 10:34 AM

Wow... a picture says a thousand words...

luvTooQuilt 01-14-2011 10:36 AM

I get quite a few packages like that every month- I host monthly swaps.. I suggest to all to place their swaps in ziploc baggies with their return addy on it. that way should the envelope get torn to shreds it can still be sent back to them..

frugalfabrics 01-14-2011 10:40 AM

Maybe I should have put - DO NOT MUTILATE - on it.

I remember when I mailed that one...I wanted to mail it media rate, and the postal lady at the counter told me, it would be safer at 1st class/parcel, so I decided to go that route and add the delivery confirmation to it, just in case.

WOW! I think I'm gonna have to show that picture to the postal carrier and "thank" her for her advise...NOT!

So glad, that after all that frisbee throwing, that it still made it there safely.

I am a tape freak, and always tape every edge - I guess this proves to me that all the extra tape I add, has finally paid off.