Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Yippee, Walmart and fabric. . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yippee-walmart-fabric-t18206.html)

SaraSewing 03-27-2009 08:51 PM

There is a brand new Walmart that just opened - the closest one to me. It's 60 miles. I stopped by today and there IS a fabric section. It's not really big, but has a great selection. I'm wondering if the fabric decisions are made according to geographical area. It seems all the stores around this area have fabric, and the depts are usually busy too. Is that a good sign?

sharon b 03-27-2009 09:03 PM

Great News for you ! And yes I think it is by area and maybe what other stores might be around to competer for fabric ?

Knot Sew 03-28-2009 05:37 AM

Every week my walmart has been getting a delivery of fabric...and its selling out fast. This is beautiful fabric and goes from 2 to 3 dollars. some of it may be seconds but the quality of the woven fabric is still there

:D :D :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rhonda 03-28-2009 05:53 AM

Lucky girl!!! Our walmart is going to close fabric out in 2010 they tell me. The one in Burlington a 1/2 hour away has already closed theirs out. I have been buying in Walmart for 30 years! It is a bummer. But my favorites have been discontinued over the last year anyway and I can't find them anymore. Oh well.

littlehud 03-28-2009 08:30 AM

My Walmart still has fabric. No signs of going out of business. You may be right. It may be regional.

Rhonda 03-28-2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
My Walmart still has fabric. No signs of going out of business. You may be right. It may be regional.

Little hud I may have to come your way if you still have fabric when the one in Mt. Pleasant quits their fabric dept. I'm in SE Iowa so not too far.

Mplsgirl 03-28-2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by saravincent
There is a brand new Walmart that just opened - the closest one to me. It's 60 miles. I stopped by today and there IS a fabric section. It's not really big, but has a great selection. I'm wondering if the fabric decisions are made according to geographical area. It seems all the stores around this area have fabric, and the depts are usually busy too. Is that a good sign?

60 miles? Well at least it has fabric. Demographics that companies do are pretty interesting. And yes, good sign that there are fabrics and the departments are busy. Have fun!

littlehud 03-28-2009 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Originally Posted by littlehud

Little hud I may have to come your way if you still have fabric when the one in Mt. Pleasant quits their fabric dept. I'm in SE Iowa so not too far.

Sounds like fun.

SaraSewing 03-28-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl

Originally Posted by saravincent

60 miles? Well at least it has fabric. Demographics that companies do are pretty interesting. And yes, good sign that there are fabrics and the departments are busy. Have fun!

Since I live in the middle of no-where, I thought that 60 miles was pretty sweet!!!

Chele 03-28-2009 08:24 PM

Maybe Walmart is listening. This quilting trend doesn't seem to be slowing. It would be wonderful for everyone to have access to affordable fabric in their own neighborhoods. Don't forget the online shops! There are so many great ones out there.