Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you familiar with National Sewing Circle? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-familiar-national-sewing-circle-t222163.html)

judy363905 05-24-2013 11:40 AM

Are you familiar with National Sewing Circle?

Do get unwanted and unordered CD's from National Sewing Circle? They send. CD several months ago, I did not even take it out if the Post Office building....marked. RETURN. REFUSED. And drop in box. Last month I received and do you with it or return it note from them. Today I received another letter from them..did not open marked return. Refused. Wonder if they purchased my name from a quilting magazine I scribe to? Company is located in Minn. MN.

Just wondering

Judy in Phx, AZ

sewmary 05-24-2013 11:44 AM

Yes, they got your name off some list. You did the right thing. You are never obligated to pay for unasked-for items.

Wanabee Quiltin 05-24-2013 11:50 AM

I received a bill about 2 months ago from some company and I called them and told them I was out of town this winter and did not receive any CD's nor did I order any CD's. They acted really surprised that I even called. I wonder how many people pay for these ?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-24-2013 11:54 AM

I got it, too. Tossed the CD and then have tossed their 2 letters.

RavenLunaStitch 05-24-2013 12:57 PM

I got it too. I actually took it out and marked the "No Thanks" box and sent the CD back in the enclosed envelope.
A few weeks later I get a letter asking me "do I want to keep it, and if not, to return it." So much for trying to stop the mass-mail marketing in its tracks...

I just threw the letter in the trash. Not. Going. To. Play. That. Game.

Scissor Queen 05-24-2013 02:40 PM

I got a cd in the mail. I don't know if it was from the same people or not. When they sent me the third letter about it I blacked out the two check boxes and wrote in big black letters, "Unsolicited items are free" and sent it back. I haven't heard from them since.

ging10ging 05-24-2013 03:00 PM

I also got it and sent the CD back and then got a letter asking for it or if I wanted to join. Actually since you don't ask for it you can keep it your not obligated to buy it or send it back. I did because they gave a prepaid envelope or I wouldn't have bothered. Sue

loves_2_quilt 05-24-2013 03:27 PM

I got an un-ordered CD a few months ago. I didn't return it nor pay the invoices they sent. I also ignored their request to return it. You are under no obligation to pay for un-ordered items.
D

Sewnoma 05-24-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt (Post 6083303)
I got an un-ordered CD a few months ago. I didn't return it nor pay the invoices they sent. I also ignored their request to return it. You are under no obligation to pay for un-ordered items.
D

Yup, this is what I do too! I refuse to waste my time doing THEIR paperwork. If they want to pay me for my time I'll stuff envelopes (and my time does NOT come cheap) but until then I consider any unsolicited mail a free gift with no strings attached (which by law, it is).

I think it's a borderline scam, they're probably hoping people will keep or lose the CD and then feel guilty about it and pay for it.

judy363905 05-24-2013 05:19 PM

Thanks so much, I did not really worry about it....hope no one else does either. I appreciate you comments.

Judy in Phx, Az